Hi All,

I have a tremonti se and I took off the back cover just to see whats going on.

I noticed that it had an extra slot for another spring in the back (see picture)

Then I remembered an extra spring came with the guitar.

Is that incase I put 10's on there (assuming that I have 9's on there now out of the store)??? I would then install the 5th spring??

Thanks!

Ken

Back

Front

You only need to use the extra spring if the claw is screwed all the way in at the back and the bridge is still not level.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Depends really. Do you use or want to use the trem? If not, you may as well chuck the 5th spring in anyway and tighten the screws a bit.
from what it looks like, the trem rests on the body preventing it from sinking in, so 'clamping' it to the body with the remaining spring should keep it in place nicely.
Mostly 10's would be fine with just three springs.
In fact, you can balance 11's with three springs.

The real reason for the extra springs has more to do with the ease with which you can dive the tremolo (not "tremblo") or "flutter" it. It also has to do with the ease with which a deep bend on a string will flatten the rest of the strings.
Quote by CorrosionMedia

from what it looks like, the trem rests on the body preventing it from sinking in,

Absolutely not -- the trem is recessed and there's obviously room in the spring cavity for the trem to be pulled. It's not resting on the body.
I think my best bet is to not mess with it...ever.
this thing holds tune like a champ. I would not want to mess that up.
Last edited by ken styles at Oct 1, 2014,
Quote by ken styles
I think my best bet is to not mess with it...ever.
this thing holds tune like a champ. I would not want to mess that up.

It won't bite you if you adjust it. You just need to know how.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend