There is too much hum with my brand new Epi LP custom pro.I connect it via Zoom g2 to desktop speakers.I could observe the hum/ noise goes high with high distortion. But if I chose to connect it directly I.e Guitar-out ---> (guitar to aux converter) ---> desktop speakers , there is zero hum. What could be going wrong here? Can it be my zoom g2 or grounding issue with my LP?

Also to be noted the hum goes away completely when i turn the treble/tone knob all the way counter clock wise while connected to zoom g2 and with high distortion. Any info regarding this would be appreciated.
Last edited by nin1987 at Oct 1, 2014,
is the zoom plugged into the computer? my g5 picks up loads of noise from my PC (harddrive clicking etc)
It's your Zoom creating the noise, not the guitar.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by beatreebor
is the zoom plugged into the computer? my g5 picks up loads of noise from my PC (harddrive clicking etc)

I had even tried taking it far away from my pc. Still the same problem persists. But connecting it directly to the speaker without the pedal doesn't cause any problem. I could hear the clean warm sound.I believe if it was a grounding issue with my Epi it should still be there when connected directly. I have seen people posting about these kinda wiring problems with their EPis/other guitars. I assume they had also faced it when connected directly. But in my case 'No' which makes me suspect the pedal.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It's your Zoom creating the noise, not the guitar.

Cool..I should then better take it to a guitar shop and try with an amp and see whether it gives me the hum again.