this is my first time posting about something like this, so i apologize if im in the wrong section.

anyway, i want to work on two-handed tapping, but all i was able to take with me to my dorm was my classical guitar. are there any certain techniques or tricks to tapping on a nylon string? its significantly harder than tapping on an electric
Don't have any tips, I've been working with it for a long time on a steel string acoustic, harder than electric but doable. Just don't expect it to sound great, but you should be able to practice that way and improve technique. I'm still not that good at it, I normally don't use much but one right hand tap during solos, and not often, but I practiced it with an acoustic a lot and still do, it works, but doesn't get the same volume and sound as with a plugged in electric.

The plus side though, is that practicing on an acoustic should result in an overall improvement in accuracy and muscle strength. I practice on acoustic much more than on electric. I also played a nylon string for a few years, with some practice you can bend notes, but it's not easy. To bend a note a half step you really have to push the string, but it does work and should help in the long run.

As far as two handed tapping, I do very little of it especially onstage, but I do tinker with it when practicing, and it makes no difference to me, if I pick up my acoustic I'll tinker with it any time. The reason I don't use it much is the style of stuff we do onstage just doesn't work with that technique very well. but I still like playing around with it some...

So just work at it, with nylon strings you'll probably have to tap harder, and won't hear it as well, but it should work. My nylon string guitar was the one I learned Dire Straits' "Sultans of Swing" on. So it can be done, but it takes practice. I did a lot of other stuff including slide, but that was probably the only lead I tried to learn on it...as far as I remember, it was 30 years ago...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...