How much PDA are Catholic girls open to? and how much is permissable?

Page 1 of 5
Okay, I’m a fairly devout Catholic. I’m more devout than your average Church go-er, but I’m not like a Priest or anything. Probably more akin to a Eucharistic Minister (the ones who do the readings and help out during Communion). Google it. On a scale of 1-10, I’d say I’m about a 7 or 8.

Anyway, if and when I meet me a nice Catholic girl, what is the level of PDA to expect? Especially if you’re on Church grounds? I mean you can’t exactly finger-bang your GF to a tantric squirting orgasm in the Church parking lot.

I assume, a quick peck on the cheek or a hug would be all right. Anything more than that'll probably get people talking'.

For those who have dated Catholic chicks, what’s the furthest y'all have gone? Are most Catholic chicks easy? I certainly hope not. Though with all the sexual repression I doubt there’s many girls left that follow the "virgin til marriage" rule.

If a girl can’t keep her virginity and wait until she gets married, how do I know I can trust her to stay faithful to me once we do get married? Now, I understand it’s hard for some people - but if it’s of enough importance to you, you’ll find a way to stay celibate. I’m 25 and I’ve never done more than cop a feel.

I guess what I’m asking is, how open do Catholic girls seem to be in terms of the lovey-dovey stuff? As far as I know, anything short of heavy petting is permissible in terms of whether or not such behavior constitutes sin. As far as I know...but then again, I’m only a laymen.

So for those who HAVE dated Catholic girls, are they mostly okay with gentle touchy-feely, or are they mostly prudes?
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
Okay, I’m a fairly devout Catholic. I’m more devout than your average Church go-er, but I’m not like a Priest or anything. Probably more akin to a Eucharistic Minister (the ones who do the readings and help out during Communion). Google it. On a scale of 1-10, I’d say I’m about a 7 or 8.

Anyway, if and when I meet me a nice Catholic girl, what is the level of PDA to expect? Especially if you’re on Church grounds? I mean you can’t exactly finger-bang your GF to a tantric squirting orgasm in the Church parking lot.

I assume, a quick peck on the cheek or a hug would be all right. Anything more than that'll probably get people talking'.

For those who have dated Catholic chicks, what’s the furthest y'all have gone? Are most Catholic chicks easy? I certainly hope not. Though with all the sexual repression I doubt there’s many girls left that follow the "virgin til marriage" rule.

If a girl can’t keep her virginity and wait until she gets married, how do I know I can trust her to stay faithful to me once we do get married? Now, I understand it’s hard for some people - but if it’s of enough importance to you, you’ll find a way to stay celibate. I’m 25 and I’ve never done more than cop a feel.

I guess what I’m asking is, how open do Catholic girls seem to be in terms of the lovey-dovey stuff? As far as I know, anything short of heavy petting is permissible in terms of whether or not such behavior constitutes sin. As far as I know...but then again, I’m only a laymen.

So for those who HAVE dated Catholic girls, are they mostly okay with gentle touchy-feely, or are they mostly prudes?
maybe you should just marry a sex doll
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
They run full spectrum. The girls of Irish descent tend to be more adventurous, but the Latin American, French, Spanish and Italian ones have their moments. Treat them with dignity and respect and you will likely have good experiences.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy
They run full spectrum. The girls of Irish descent tend to be more adventurous, but the Latin American, French, Spanish and Italian ones have their moments. Treat them with dignity and respect and you will likely have good experiences.

when you say Latin American, do you mean Catholic Girls that are Latin Rite being more open than their counterparts in the Eastern Rites (ie Byzantine, Antiochene, Maronite, etc) or do you mean Latin American as in Hispanic chicks?

also for the record, from what I understand of canon law and cathechism, light petting is the farthest one can go without having to go to Confession afterwards. So that's where I draw my line in terms of sexual activity. Gotta follow Holy Mother Church, right!

We love you. God Bless.
Catholic girls start much too late, but sooner or later it comes down to fate. She might as well be the one
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by neptune1988
when you say Latin American, do you mean Catholic Girls that are Latin Rite being more open than their counterparts in the Eastern Rites (ie Byzantine, Antiochene, Maronite, etc) or do you mean Latin American as in Hispanic chicks?

also for the record, from what I understand of canon law and cathechism, light petting is the farthest one can go without having to go to Confession afterwards. So that's where I draw my line in terms of sexual activity. Gotta follow Holy Mother Church, right!

I really can't imagine haven't restrictions like that on my life.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by neptune1988

Hold the damn phone, you can't!?
jesus wept
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by BladeSlinger

Heh. It was rhetorical, but yeah it IS difficult at times. But hey, faith is a journey. I know that's REALLY annoying to hear. I hate the 'goody two shoes' crap, too. <- mostly non-denoms and evangelicals in my experience.

But yeah, the religious life can be difficult, but that's what makes it interesting. At least in my opinion. The drama is in the dogma as they say.

I understand what you mean though. And don't worry, Im not trying to convert anybody. LOL

We love you. God Bless.
My experience with Latin American Catholics were girls from Mexico, Ecuador, Brazil, and Cuban descent. I forgot about Eastern Orthodox. I briefly dated a girl from Lebanon in college and we still keep in touch.

Check with your priest or youth counselor for dating guidelines within your branch of faith. I stepped over the line a bit.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Quote by neptune1988
Heh. It was rhetorical, but yeah it IS difficult at times. But hey, faith is a journey. I know that's REALLY annoying to hear. I hate the 'goody two shoes' crap, too. <- mostly non-denoms and evangelicals in my experience.

But yeah, the religious life can be difficult, but that's what makes it interesting. At least in my opinion. The drama is in the dogma as they say.

I understand what you mean though. And don't worry, Im not trying to convert anybody. LOL

I haven't been religious for quite a while so it's pretty foreign to me at this point. I know very few people who actually kept with the virginity thing. Most of the found a long time partner and went further after being in a serious relationship. I see it as an unnecessary denial of very normal desires but whatever floats your boat, man. I also don't think a relationship can be that successful if your only get sexual after you've tied the knot. It's like signing a lifetime contract without reading the fine print. What if you guys just don't click sexually? You would have waited so long and then it might not work. I really can't wrap my head around it at this point. Props for sticking with it, I guess.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
They're pretty big on butt stuff. That way they don't technically lose their virginity before marriage.

So yeah, do butt stuff in the confessionals
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by BladeSlinger
I also don't think a relationship can be that successful if your only get sexual after you've tied the knot. It's like signing a lifetime contract without reading the fine print. What if you guys just don't click sexually? You would have waited so long and then it might not work.

I used to believe this almost exactly. Now after having been married for many moons I'd say it is a common misunderstanding of how long-term relationships work. I'll leave it at that.

I was gonna make a comment on how a devout Christian shouldn't be making crude, perverted jokes about "finger banging" a girl at church, but then I remembered you said Catholic.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by BladeSlinger
I haven't been religious for quite a while so it's pretty foreign to me at this point. I know very few people who actually kept with the virginity thing. Most of the found a long time partner and went further after being in a serious relationship. I see it as an unnecessary denial of very normal desires but whatever floats your boat, man. I also don't think a relationship can be that successful if your only get sexual after you've tied the knot. It's like signing a lifetime contract without reading the fine print. What if you guys just don't click sexually? You would have waited so long and then it might not work. I really can't wrap my head around it at this point. Props for sticking with it, I guess.

Well, theres more to relationships than mere sexuality. From what I understand, very few couples (married or otherwise), very few break up because of problems in bed. Sexuality IS a factor, but it shouldn't be THE factor. A lot of people use the 'wouldn't buy a car before a test-drive' argument. But to really get it , you have to understand the spiritual hallmark of self-denial. That however is a bit of an experiential sort of thing. Unless you've learned to find joy in absence of worldly pleasure, self-denial can be a very hard concept to grasp. As many Popes and theologians have said over the ages, "We need to be IN the world, but not OF the world."

I also would like to thank you for respecting my opinions and my faith. Most others are not so charitable. But yes, unless one has experienced it for themselves, religion - any religion - can be difficult to grasp, even from an observatory standpoint.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by Cajundaddy
I used to believe this almost exactly. Now after having been married for many moons I'd say it is a common misunderstanding of how long-term relationships work. I'll leave it at that.

Well, I haven't been married so I wouldn't really know.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by StewieSwan
I was gonna make a comment on how a devout Christian shouldn't be making crude, perverted jokes about "finger banging" a girl at church, but then I remembered you said Catholic.

Hey, I may more devout than average, but I never said I was a Saint.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by BladeSlinger

My mom tried to raise me Catholic. Life got so much easier when I quit following that dumb religion. I hate other people telling me what to believe in and how to live my life.
Quote by neptune1988
Well, theres more to relationships than mere sexuality. From what I understand, very few couples (married or otherwise), very few break up because of problems in bed. Sexuality IS a factor, but it shouldn't be THE factor.

I understand the whole religious thing but from the perspective of someone who knows a fair amount about psychology and therapy I can't tell you how wrong this is. Sex may not always be the reason for a breakup but dead bedrooms ruin a lot of marriages and cause a lot of unnecessary stress for both parties involved.
Quote by caeser1156
I understand the whole religious thing but from the perspective of someone who knows a fair amount about psychology and therapy I can't tell you how wrong this is. Sex may not always be the reason for a breakup but dead bedrooms ruin a lot of marriages and cause a lot of unnecessary stress for both parties involved.

I'd say "dead bedrooms" are nearly always a symptom of deeper relationship issues. It's the canary in the coal mine.

Quote by caeser1156

sure , it may cause stress. but theres ways to deal with stress. also psychology says that if a boy feels like he wants to be a girl he should chop his junk off and get a designer vagina. so forgive me if I disagree. just sayin'

psychology is also partly to blame for the Catholic abuse scandal. in 1972 the APA removed homosexuality from the diagnostic manual of disorders. In the wake of Vatican II, there was a wave of people wanting to join the priesthood. Priests require a psyche eval before being ordained. Since psychologists no longer considered homosexuality an issue, many unfit priests were therefore able to fly under the radar. This eventually led to the abuse scandal.

^
after many investigations and studies, it was determined that there was not a SINGLE factor that led to the scandal, but rather a SERIES of factors. the above being one of them.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988
sure , it may cause stress. but theres ways to deal with stress. also psychology says that if a boy feels like he wants to be a girl he should chop his junk off and get a designer vagina. so forgive me if I disagree. just sayin'

psychology is also partly to blame for the Catholic abuse scandal. in 1972 the APA removed homosexuality from the diagnostic manual of disorders. In the wake of Vatican II, there was a wave of people wanting to join the priesthood. Priests require a psyche eval before being ordained. Since psychologists no longer considered homosexuality an issue, many unfit priests were therefore able to fly under the radar. This eventually led to the abuse scandal.

^
after many investigations and studies, it was determined that there was not a SINGLE factor that led to the scandal, but rather a SERIES of factors. the above being one of them.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is

fuck off bible thumper
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Cajundaddy
I'd say "dead bedrooms" are nearly always a symptom of deeper relationship issues. It's the canary in the coal mine.

that is also very true. disordered sexuality is rarely a cause, its almost always a symptom.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988

^

I could dissect this and tell you everything that's wrong with it, but you're clearly in too deep.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by RylanThePotato
aaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is

fuck off bible thumper

which part? the part about educating you about history?

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by neptune1988

well you could start with the transphobia, homophobia, why psychology and gays are to blame for the Catholic church covering up child sex abuse, etc.

I'm pretty okay with religious people till it becomes justification for shit like this
Quote by neptune1988

The part where you suggested that gay people are pedophiles.
Check out my band Disturbed
don't mind the libtards, TS.

But do fingerbang a hot catholic chick

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by neptune1988

olollol yeeah right

also, drop catholicism
worship the Sun

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
They have a valid point Neptune. The Catholic church failed to protect it's children from abuse and even covered-up the problem for years while supporting pedophile priests. It was one big ugly mess that had nothing to do with sexual orientation. Hopefully this abuse of power has been eradicated completely.

Quote by Cajundaddy

Sometimes they are, a lot of times they aren't. Some couples just aren't compatible sexually. When you pair someone with a low sex drive with someone with a high sex drive things usually don't work out so well.

Quote by neptune1988

Your views on psychology are so ridiculously shallow and misinformed that I don't even know where to begin when I tell you that you are completely wrong.

You're practically taking a shit all over what I devote a very big portion of my life to. It's basically the same as me summing up your whole religion as a bunch of little boy diddlers who teach nonsensical teachings to a following of gullible self loathing sheep who are afraid to admit reality.

The only difference is I don't actually believe my ludicrous statement.
Quote by Cajundaddy
They have a valid point Neptune. The Catholic church failed to protect it's children from abuse and even covered-up the problem for years while supporting pedophile priests. It was one big ugly mess that had nothing to do with sexual orientation. Hopefully this abuse of power has been eradicated completely.

hey, I wasn't trying to defend it. I apologize if it came off as such. I was just trying to explain PART of why it happened. And yes, those priests or bishops that actually did commit such heinous acts, they WILL answer for it eventually. Either to the legal and judiciary authorities or to the Supreme Authority (ie Judgement Day). But yes, it is wrong those that did abuse children and teens, and whoever other victims are out there.

We love you. God Bless.
Quote by caeser1156
Sometimes they are, a lot of times they aren't. Some couples just aren't compatible sexually. When you pair someone with a low sex drive with someone with a high sex drive things usually don't work out so well.

and when you pair two people with a high sex drive together they get nothing done besides each other
Quote by neptune1988
hey, I wasn't trying to defend it. I apologize if it came off as such. I was just trying to explain PART of why it happened.

Except you were SO ridiculously wrong.

• Homosexuality has absolutely no correlation to pedophila
  • Homosexuality was removed from the DSM because it is not a disorder
  • Homosexuality was only in the DSM in the first place because psychology is a relatively new field and a lot of mistakes were made in the field in the past. This being one of them.
  • Also your view of transgendered people is hilariously wrong.
Quote by caeser1156

I'm sure in arranged marriages where the couple meets for the first time on their wedding day, or in a very rare one-in-a-million relationship where there is almost no physical contact during dating one might pick up miscues about their partners sex drive or compatibility. After dating a girl for 6 months or more with lots of regular intimate physical contact, sex drive and compatibility are clear and unambiguous to all but the most dense individuals. We know when they want it... or not. There are exceptions to every rule but exceptions are rare.

Sexual compatibility "test drives" are a cop out. This from a guy who took a lot of test drives in my youth. It was risky, it was useless as a compatibility test, and it harmed the psyche of these women. Not my proudest moments looking back.

Page 1 of 5