I'm trying to learn Space Asshole by Chris Remo and I found the chords here:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/misc_unsigned_bands/chris_remo_idle_thumbs_-_space_asshole_crd.htm

I have only got as far as the Gm. I am doing the Em shape with the barre on the 3rd fret but it still sounds different to me, does anyone know how it's supposed to be played?

The song itself is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8
The song is in D standard tuning. I'm going to just write down the chords as if the song is in E standard though, i.e. an Am written here will just be the open Am open chord shape, the 'actual' chord will be a Gm due to the tuning.

Gm Gm Gm Gm
Gm F A# F

The Gm and A# are barre chords.

The F voicing is
e 0
g 1
b 2
d 3
a 0
E x

There's a bridge that goes (0:32)

Gm Gm C C
Gm Gm C C
Gm Gm C C
Gm Gm C C
D D E E

The chorus is:
Am Am F F
E E E E

A break in the chorus contains the chords (1:10)

F F D D
Gm Gm B B
E E E E

The Gm, B, and F voicing for the chorus/break are barre chords. the Am, D, and E are open chords.

This is a pretty hilarious song, was it written for the video?
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Shit, it's in D standard? I wish whoever contributed the chords originally could have mentioned that.

Thanks heaps for your help. I don't know what came first but the video is uploaded by Idle Thumbs which Chris Remo is a part of. He's also got a few other funny songs as well as doing the soundtrack for the game Gone Home.
Yeah it's pretty important information! Oh and the D in the 'break' part has an open e string instead of an F#, I forgot to mention. Dsus2 is the right chord name I think.
No worries man, thanks for sharing the tunes; I think this is gonna be a new go-to jam riff for me :p
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key