I'm looking for a mid to high gain OD pedal, and have been leaning towards buying the JHC Sweet Tea, the only problem is its over $300.

What would you recommend either for a similar sounding pedal under $300, or something that would work well for Indie-ish Rock (Moving Mountains, The Album Leaf, The Appleseed Cast).

I'm using a knock off Yamaha Strat, with I don't know what pickups , into a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue!
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

first off, a timmy aint gonna get that sweet tea tone. not by a long shot.

second, there are certainly more cost effective options. JHS and brands like keeley are certainly quality, but they command a premium. you can do the same or very similar for less than 300. i mean, even 175-250 would get you the same. under 200 would probably do it very adequately in the boutique market.

for a hot rodded british tone, i personally would have my eye on the 175 price target plus or minus about 25.

_____

theres a ton around 300 or under

bogners
wamplers
diamond
CMAT mods has a good dual signa
xotic ac plus
xotic dual BB or the BB plus
rockett
tortuga effects fire ant is awesome
ramble FX marvel drive is a great marshall in a box
catalinbread has great amp in a box pedals, dirty little secret is marshall voiced
walrus effects

http://this1smyne.com/shop/the-pearl/

the pearl or the punch drive with custom options

budda
homebrew effects
z vex effects
blackeye effects
t rex has some good ones
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Oct 2, 2014,
Wow, the Pearl's really cool! ^^
"When that day comes I shall Futterwacken ... vigorously."
~ The Mad Hatter

far as i'm aware (http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18079&hilit=angry+charlie#p195531) the angry charlie is a crunchbox, and the 808 is a lightly-modded tubescreamer.

so I guess, if you're ok with separate pedals, you could pick up a crunchbox-style pedal (there are numerous cheaper clones from the likes of mooer, joyo etc., even the real thing should be well under $300) and a tubescreamer clone (too many clones to mention... again, plenty of cheaper ones from joyo, mooer etc. and glorified tubescreamers like the bad monkey etc.) for far less than $300.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?