So a used Fender Standard Strat (Mexico made) just popped up. It's in great condition minus a 1 inch long chip on the bottom. He also includes a TKL hard case with it for $425 obo. Now I wasn't in the market for a strat, but I've never owned one so I figured this could be a good time. Because I was not in the market and just stumbled upon it, I'd only make the deal if this is an exceptionally good deal, which is what I'm here to ask. Is this worth jumping on even though I wasn't in the market for a Strat? Or is it just an average deal? Thanks and any input would be great!
That's not a good price for a MIM strat with damage. The addition of the case still doesn't make it a good deal.
There is an American Strat over at GC for $679.00. <-- is a pretty good deal and won't last long. Your Mexican strat deal <meh>
MIM strats go for $300 in good shape all the time. I'd pass on that buy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
used MIM strat in Florida generally run from $250 - $325. Anything over that will never sell $325 is top end in mint condition with case.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
used MIM strat in Florida generally run from $250 - $325. Anything over that will never sell $325 is top end in mint condition with case.

+1 Also note the quality of the case, it could be a piece of junk, fender HSC's aren't all that great imo. $350 tops.
Last edited by JGM258 at Oct 2, 2014,
If you're willing to look around on eBay and other sites, for @$100 more, you can get a LOT better than that. For example, this used Carvin, made in San Diego:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carvin-C66-Bolt-6-String-Electric-Guitar-w-Gig-Bag-Transparent-Purple-/231331032747?ssPageName=ADME:X:PROI:US:3160
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!