Page 1 of 2
I remember when I was just 16... I didn't know shit about the world.

Then I discovered the pit. these elder sages gave me advice on the world, women, etc. gave me confidence where i had none.

now I am nearly 24 years old. my how the world seems to change yet it stays the same.

tell me your pit story. i'm anxious to hear your story.

live long and prosper, my jamming companions
Tldr:
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
no
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Hi there!

I don't feel like typing out a whole story, but I too was 16 when I started here, and now I'm 24. So many women made love to and so many beers have been drank since then.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Hi there!

I don't feel like typing out a whole story, but I too was 16 when I started here, and now I'm 24. So many women made love to and so many beers have been drank since then.

i know it man, isn't it special. we have no set path, we have no true idea of what we should be or what we are to become... we just flow along with the current of the universe
The only thing I jam is the police speed radar.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
07 strong

I work in a bar, I'm terrible at everything, I have no friends, and when i'm not at work alcohol is my bff<3

ama
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
I work in a bar, I'm terrible at everything, I have no friends, and when i'm not at work alcohol is my bff<3

ama

Can you get me free drinks if I come to Australia?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Can you get me free drinks if I come to Australia?

Yeah man

Quote by ultimate-slash
Yes, party in Australia everybody!

bring it on

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yes, party in Australia everybody!

This would be great if I wouldn't go bankrupt from the plane ticket alone.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by geetarguy13
i know it man, isn't it special. we have no set path, we have no true idea of what we should be or what we are to become... we just flow along with the current of the universe

Oh wow, the 60s called and they want their hippy back
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
This would be great if I wouldn't go bankrupt from the plane ticket alone.

Yeah, but Obsceneairwaves will buy us all the beer we can drink for the rest of our life, so I think that in the end it'd be cheaper for us to fly to Australia than to buy our own beer.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Yeah, but Obsceneairwaves will buy us all the beer we can drink for the rest of our life, so I think that in the end it'd be cheaper for us to fly to Australia than to buy our own beer.

sweet

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by ultimate-slash

you don't even have to buy beer here, It naturally flows in the rivers. Generally once a day we all tread down to the shore and gather up what we need for the day. Then we head on down to the pub where we share our brew among eachother and talk about lifes important issues such as whether or not to join footy for the next few weeks or not because you don't want your hair to bleach in the sun, or if there's been any sharks spotted in the surf today.

Quote by eGraham
Quote by theguitarist
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Aren't you that same guy who eats and poops at the same time?

Edit: You are.

This is how I'm going to remember you. It's not a good thing, but it's a thing. Good job.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I was raised by bears. I'm here now. Things have changed, but they're also the same.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
When I was 16 I was angry and stupid

4 years later and I'm a lot more mature, but very sad and still kinda dumb
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Well, when I was just 18... I didn't know shit about the world.

Then I discovered the pit. these elder sages gave me advice on the world, women, etc. gave me confidence where i had none.

now I am nearly 48 years old. my how the world seems to change yet it stays the same.
When I joined I couldn't play guitar very good, I learned a lot here about playing and gear though, it really helped. Had a few good chuckles too
i was 13 and posted with proper sentence structure, and in many threads

now im 21 and post like this, and almost exclusively in gaming/baseball
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
you don't even have to buy beer here, It naturally flows in the rivers. Generally once a day we all tread down to the shore and gather up what we need for the day. Then we head on down to the pub where we share our brew among eachother and talk about lifes important issues such as whether or not to join footy for the next few weeks or not because you don't want your hair to bleach in the sun, or if there's been any sharks spotted in the surf today.
This is exactly how I pictured australia actually.

If you add all the things and beings that can kill you with their poison/stare if you're within 30m from them that you find around the streets and stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Back when I was just seventeen
I thought that I knew everything
I could make it in this scene
To be a rising star that only gleamed
But all the answers disagreed
With the questions held for me

I was legal now at twenty-one
I knew the way the world should run
My God, just look what I had done
Simply drunk and having fun
Looked for friends, but I found none
All alone at twenty-one
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
one time i was standing on the edge of the pit and somebody stepped on my toes really hard and scuffed up my boots
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I have been 6 years old for 14 years now.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
i was 16 when i joined lol

i picked up the guitar at 15.

i used to go on the guitar tab's a lot, learning songs and stuff.

then about a year later, after scrolling through the pit and other forums, I got pretty interested in signing up.

so i did, initially just ask questions about guitar, gear, etc.

But now i seem to stay within the pit and the home page.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Joined in '06 as an innocent, adorable high school freshman. I'd spend my time learning the likes of "Iron Man," "Stairway to Heaven," and random Metallica, although I soon became obsessed with the drug thread. Reading about people tripping balls certifiably made my study hall period in high school. I probably got a little -too- much of a kick out of the drug thread & drug ideology, I became a total ****-up partier in college and ended up dropping out before the end of the first year >_> synthetic marijuana, ecstasy, cheap vodka, shitty lsd that wouldn't work, anything I could get my hands on. I had a class called garageband, where you -had- to make a group with the fellow classmates, and didn't even write one riff. Blows me away too, I'd written plenty of genuinely decent stuff beforehand & afterwards. Just goes to show, if you can't party in moderation, you can't party and actually accomplish anything... well at least as far as I'm concerned. @_@ I like to think I've learned from my lessons; nowadays I'd much rather be miserably proud than blissfully unaware. It's gets pretty bleh, but such is life. >_>; Workin' on original songs, I've even been posting a bunch of improvisational pieces on my soundcloud! The future is nigh! (oh and I need fwiends so if you feel da same you should totals add me)
COLORS!

OMG

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Also, people who wear Monster swag are automatically douches.
I was 15 when I joined. I'm 20 now. I've matured a lot since then.

I made some cool internet friends. There's some people on here that if I met in real life I would consider myself closer to than some of my real life friends.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I was 18, now I'm 19. I remember it like it was a few months ago. So much has changed.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Aren't you that same guy who eats and poops at the same time?

Edit: You are.

This is how I'm going to remember you. It's not a good thing, but it's a thing. Good job.

JFC , my sides. Hopefully this is one of those things that's changed.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Oct 8, 2014,
Quote by Robbertto
Joined in '06 as an innocent, adorable high school freshman. I'd spend my time learning the likes of "Iron Man," "Stairway to Heaven," and random Metallica, although I soon became obsessed with the drug thread. Reading about people tripping balls certifiably made my study hall period in high school. I probably got a little -too- much of a kick out of the drug thread & drug ideology, I became a total ****-up partier in college and ended up dropping out before the end of the first year >_> synthetic marijuana, ecstasy, cheap vodka, shitty lsd that wouldn't work, anything I could get my hands on. I had a class called garageband, where you -had- to make a group with the fellow classmates, and didn't even write one riff. Blows me away too, I'd written plenty of genuinely decent stuff beforehand & afterwards. Just goes to show, if you can't party in moderation, you can't party and actually accomplish anything... well at least as far as I'm concerned. @_@ I like to think I've learned from my lessons; nowadays I'd much rather be miserably proud than blissfully unaware. It's gets pretty bleh, but such is life. >_>; Workin' on original songs, I've even been posting a bunch of improvisational pieces on my soundcloud! The future is nigh! (oh and I need fwiends so if you feel da same you should totals add me)

This was, like, actually a really telling and good post.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 2