Quote by ghostnastromo
What i should to fix?

The pop-punk part

Just kidding (No I find pop-punk vapid)

It's pretty competent as far as that goes. Nothing blew me away but pop-punk isn't really my thing. Just sounds like your average generic stuff. Granted it's very serviceable. It has everything you would expect from a pop-punk track. So I think this does it's job and give it a thumbs up!
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Not to bad, there's this little riff during the chorus, I feel like it could be more pronounced because its kind of covered up by the rhythm guitar. Also, something around the bridge it seemed to either be dragged out one to many times at the end or didn't flow with as much umph as it could have into the chorus. Overall I can dig it
I think with some proper mixing, this song would shine a lot better. The guitars sound a little bit like mush during some parts. I can hear some interesting things going on between the two, but they need more definition

That, and there was this one part where the bass guitar could use a little EQing or maybe a DI track mixed into it (I think it was around ~2.25). It's got a sick little bass line going but the notes aren't defined the way they could be.

Overall though, this track sounds pretty damn good. It's got the same kind of vibe going as the album In With The Out Crowd by Less Than Jake. I like that. Keep up the good work!

You may also consider doing something different with the verses. They were good but I really started liking the song when the chorus came in. It seems like every other part aside from the verses really shines.
Last edited by mjones1992 at Oct 3, 2014,
I pretty much agree with what's been said - With some good mixing and mastering this could sound pretty good.

At the minute you have a lot of harsh high frequencies going on, particularly with the cymbals and guitars. It makes it difficult to listen to for an extended period.

The drums are also pretty buried, particularly at points where the centre guitar kicks in, so I'd advise working on EQing your instruments to sit better.

Your stereo field kinda goes out of whack when you swap the right rhythm guitar for a centre guitar. It kind of shifts the balance more to the left, and the volume changes are quite dramatic at those points, burying the drums more. I'd say keep the right guitar in the mix at those points.

It definitely has potential, maybe with a few more lead parts and better mixing, it could be a great tune
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
ghost,
Definitely pop punk. Are you from Russia? Audio is a bit harsh, I could not listen to it very loud, but I'm sensitive to high frequencies. The song itself is good, everyone is playing well. Good melodies. If there is electric bass, I cannot hear it very well. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657183
Quote by Phazon
The pop-punk part

Just kidding (No I find pop-punk vapid)

It's pretty competent as far as that goes. Nothing blew me away but pop-punk isn't really my thing. Just sounds like your average generic stuff. Granted it's very serviceable. It has everything you would expect from a pop-punk track. So I think this does it's job and give it a thumbs up!

Thanks a lot)
Quote by thetinysurvivor
Not to bad, there's this little riff during the chorus, I feel like it could be more pronounced because its kind of covered up by the rhythm guitar. Also, something around the bridge it seemed to either be dragged out one to many times at the end or didn't flow with as much umph as it could have into the chorus. Overall I can dig it

Thanks you for your feedback. I will try to make covered chorus part more pronounced, i agree with you it should sound more readable. If you will find something to fix, please let me know.
Quote by mjones1992
I think with some proper mixing, this song would shine a lot better. The guitars sound a little bit like mush during some parts. I can hear some interesting things going on between the two, but they need more definition

That, and there was this one part where the bass guitar could use a little EQing or maybe a DI track mixed into it (I think it was around ~2.25). It's got a sick little bass line going but the notes aren't defined the way they could be.

Overall though, this track sounds pretty damn good. It's got the same kind of vibe going as the album In With The Out Crowd by Less Than Jake. I like that. Keep up the good work!

You may also consider doing something different with the verses. They were good but I really started liking the song when the chorus came in. It seems like every other part aside from the verses really shines.

Thanks for your feedback.
Unfortunately i used electric Amplitube bass, i think that i will rewrite it with impulses, because i don't have a good bass cabinet. I will try to change the guitar panorama.Less Than Jake is one of my favourite band, thanks!
Quote by edgespear
I pretty much agree with what's been said - With some good mixing and mastering this could sound pretty good.

At the minute you have a lot of harsh high frequencies going on, particularly with the cymbals and guitars. It makes it difficult to listen to for an extended period.

The drums are also pretty buried, particularly at points where the centre guitar kicks in, so I'd advise working on EQing your instruments to sit better.

Your stereo field kinda goes out of whack when you swap the right rhythm guitar for a centre guitar. It kind of shifts the balance more to the left, and the volume changes are quite dramatic at those points, burying the drums more. I'd say keep the right guitar in the mix at those points.

It definitely has potential, maybe with a few more lead parts and better mixing, it could be a great tune

Thanks for your advice! There is a lot of work.
Quote by aaron aardvark
ghost,
Definitely pop punk. Are you from Russia? Audio is a bit harsh, I could not listen to it very loud, but I'm sensitive to high frequencies. The song itself is good, everyone is playing well. Good melodies. If there is electric bass, I cannot hear it very well. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657183

Yes i'm from Russia. I hear problem on high frequencies, thanks for your advice. Yeah i will listen your music.