hey there
I had a thread earlier asking about dialing down my volume knob to control distortion. I have a Gibson es-339 and a schecter sls blackjack. the schecter has active Seymour Duncan blackouts which are pretty awesome but I cant dial back the volume on them cuz they are such high output pickups.
here is my thinking... I love my schecter guitar so I might install new pickups, you can buy my guitar model with passive pickups, Seymour Duncan full shred sh-10 in the bridge and Seymour Duncan jazz model sh-2 in the neck. I might buy new pickups and put them in or I might buy a PRS, probably an S2 model with a stop tailpiece instead of a tremolo whammy bridge.
choices choices choices
What's your question; what's your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
well if i go for the prs i would sell my schecter and hopefully get 500-700$ for it. if i wanted to buy pickups i would probabl;y spend 200-400$. the question is which option would be more versatile, if anyone knows anything about those pickups would i be able to dial back volume for a cleaner tone. the prs i know are quite versatile but i am not ready to part with the schecter.
So it sounds like you really like your Schecter as-is, but you're also seeking out fresh, cleaner tones.

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of a guitar I love, especially to offset the cost of another guitar that I don't know if I would like. Take that option off the table.

And similarly, I probably wouldn't do a pickup swap on a beloved axe, either, unless it were truly my only other option.

But you also have a Gibson ES-339: what is it you're seeking that the Schecter doesn't deliver that you also can't get with it?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
So it sounds like you really like your Schecter as-is, but you're also seeking out fresh, cleaner tones.

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of a guitar I love, especially to offset the cost of another guitar that I don't know if I would like. Take that option off the table.

And similarly, I probably wouldn't do a pickup swap on a beloved axe, either, unless it were truly my only other option.

But you also have a Gibson ES-339: what is it you're seeking that the Schecter doesn't deliver that you also can't get with it?

+1. I don't see what the problem is here. But if you have a guitar that you love the feel of but aren't satisfied with the sound, I'd say new pups. Are you looking for single coil tone? If so, I'd keep both guitars and just pick up some sorta Fender. Unless you're not a fan of the es339, you'd probably regret getting rid of either guitar.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
+1

If you're looking for standard single-coil goodness between $400-600, there are MiM Strats & Teles, G&L Tribute ASATS, and all kinds of other axes out there to be had.