For me it has to be Gallhammer back in 2008. Don't think I've ever heard anything as monotone, or as boring to watch.
Has to be Five Finger Death Punch. I refuse to believe that he was actually singing, or that his singing wasn't mostly a backing vocal track, every instrument sounded completely artificial and the band did nothing on stage at all. Cradle of Filth is high up there, too, but for different reasons.

Screw FFDP, I used to like House of the Rising Sun
Israel is a terrorist state.
Marylin Manson - Download Festival 2009. To paraphrase Bill Bailey; It was literally like watching an unintelligible 6ft transvestite in some bizzare costume, screaming at the top of his lungs. Oh and the amazonian punk lady in front of me took a piss right there and then, in an empty cup which then fell over. All in all, probably not the highlight of the festival.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
Elbow!!! I've never been so close to walking out of a show, but they were only the opener so I stayed. For sure the worst and most boring band I've seen.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Since this is in the metal subforum I'll keep it a metal band. Most metal shows are awesome though, even if I didn't particularly care for the style of the particular artist. But only one stands out --

Mortiis.

This was at the "Blackest of the Black" tour headlined by Danzig w/ Doyl Von Frankenstein (Misfits), Behemoth, The Agony Scene, Himsa, and Chimaira.

I realize Mortiis did most of the writing and played bass on In the Nightside Eclipse (Emperor), which I regard as a masterpiece. But his solo act was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen. The guy had a troll mask on the whole time, and the music was an odd mix of industrial-techno, polka, and folk music. Just an absurd performance considering the other bands on the tour.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
The worst concert I've been to was Vagina and the Queefers, with opening act Red Bean for Fartie.
Shinedown. **** off, I liked the first album, so when they came through on tour for the second album I was like, "Sure, why not?" Most boring concert ever. Singer wouldn't look at anyone in the front row, but had no problem trying to make the folks in the bleachers feel like they were in the front row.

Other than that, it was Soulfly. Nothing they did, but the house soundguy must've been on some serious drugs or something, cuz it was feedback alllll night.
Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie, Friday, October 6th, 1995 show at the "Nissan Pavilion" located in Bristow, Virginia, U.S.A. Reznor wasn’t in good form that night and at times he was just shrieking off-key and beating on his guitar strings. Given his admission to having a drug problem in this period I’ve always assumed he was wasted. Bowie’s set was just ****ing boring and his band seemed to be having a bad night, so much of the audience, myself included, left halfway through his set.

Now if we’re just talking about the worst live set, Limp Bizkit at Ozzfest 1998 wins. They were so horrible people were literally begging venue security to end the set. I have never seen a worse live set, and this is coming from a guy who saw Crazy Town play live twice.
Quote by mfkr
an unintelligible 6ft transvestite in some bizzare costume, screaming at the top of his lungs. Oh and the amazonian punk lady in front of me took a piss right there and then, in an empty cup which then fell over.

Sorry but I'm failing to understand when exactly you stopped having a good time.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Probably the worst set I've ever seen was Anvil at Bloodstock the one year they played. Which was a shame cause they were cracking at the academy the year before.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Kytokinesis
Sorry but I'm failing to understand when exactly you stopped having a good time.

About 2 minutes after he came on stage.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
For Worst Band Performance 5 finger death punch ties with themselves. Holy ****ing crap why are they popular? Seriously I don't get it, they play to a god damn ****ing tape for starters (not just the singer the whole band) and they still manage to sound like crap. Constant pandering, zero stage pressence, or any life on stage what so ever. just completely awful. Had to endure them twice.

For worst concert it goes to gigantour 2012. The sound people were awful. Placing mics dead center of guitar speakers, attrocious mixes, megadeth desciding to play most of 13 :shudders: all in all not one performance was anywhere near as bad as 5fdp even with brodricks attrocious singing
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Worst

1. Mars Volta. Me with a guitar alone would have been better, it wasn't music. There was a guy with a pillow hitting the keyboard.

2. Metallica. Lazy phoned in performance. It was insulting, Kirk purposefully wasn't playing soloes for more than 10 seconds at a time.

3. Van Halen, man they were awful. Sammy fell off the stage and the bass solo sounded like a loud fart.

Best

1. Tool
2. Kyuss
3. Queens of the Stone Age

(None of the 3 played demon cleaner, bastards)
Last edited by farcry at Oct 23, 2014,
The whole warp-tour 2009 in Ventura. Drove down there from Washington with friends after graduating. HOLY ****! Worst ever. The only 2 people that sounded decent was Underoath and Thrice.

That was my first and last warp tour. lol
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
Never been to a bad concert yet but holy shit does The Bronx suck. I had to leave for awhile until their set was done.
Wait I take it back. I have been to a bad concert. Skinlab, and Primer 55 but I was young and just getting into real metal so I thought is was a good show at the time...