Page 1 of 2
Sooooo....
I know I haven't been very active on UG at all, let alone this lonely yet lovely subforum. That's why I'm going to attempt to get this idea on it's feet oncemore, and hopefully it'll work out this time around.

From what I recall, the original plan was to instead of writing and recording one huge crazy song, we instead make teams and write individual songs. All genres are acceptable since although I'm quite the asshole I don't believe we should discriminate because discrimination is bad, mmkay?

The point of this thread is to get members and to create teams: post some of your unfinished material if you wish, since that would help you find someone who you might have some chemistry.

As for me as most of you know I pretty much just write noisy and annoying grindcore but I'd like to get away from that as much as possible since I've been experiencing writer's block for almost two months now. I am available to record guitars and program drums, and I'd be interested in collabing in a post-rock/post-metal/IDM/ambient song if possible, but I'm interested in any genre except modern metalcore, deathcore and djent. Old metalcore/metallic hardcore is fine because it's an awesome genre. I'm not going to post any file since I only have old idea and I'd like to build on something new and fresh.

If you're interested and you're new to this subforum please share your Skype or Facebook since that'd be a more practical way of exchanging ideas and eventually files.

I'm gonna have dinner and I'll come back in an hour or so. This thread best be filled with replies by then or else I'm gonna be very mad and might throw a tantrum.

Who's up for it:
Ometh
RedDeath9
NegiTom
Rossielle

HaydenHohns
From Your Grave(busy)(busy)
pAWNlol (kinda)
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Oct 5, 2014,
I'm so up for this. You already have my Skype.

Maybe it'll help to revive this forum a little. Shit's been really inactive lately.
if i had my electric with me at my dorm, id love to be in on this, but alas i only have my acoustic.

BUT if you all want a clean/acoustic part, id love to help
Will get involved because u r my friend but only if I get to add a 30bpm drone section.
Do as you wish my good sir
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm in kinda the same boat as pawn and hayden. I want to but I'm swamped with activities and school for a few months.
Good to see some of you are interested but noone ha really followed the guidelines I mentioned in the OP: you're supposed to mention in what genre/genres you are willing to collab and if you are interested in collabing with anyone.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'd be up for writing prog metal, death metal, etc. etc., orchestral stuff, jazz fusion, post-metal/rock, post-hardcore... I think that's it. I might've forgotten how to write the post- genres so that should be interesting
I'm totally up for writing music with fellow music lovers. It'd be an honor, really. I'm interested in pretty much every genre. I'm a pretty busy with college and such, but I'll do what I can with the free time I have. Also, I'm not as theory conscious as many of the excellent writers on here (I've been in marching band since 6th grade but they mostly only teach the basics), but I hope that's not too much of a negative.

Quote by RedDeath9
I'd be up for writing prog metal, death metal, etc. etc., orchestral stuff, jazz fusion, post-metal/rock, post-hardcore... I think that's it. I might've forgotten how to write the post- genres so that should be interesting

Say, what kind of post-hardcore are you thinking?

My Facebook
Quote by Million Dead

The only "post-hardcore" I really listen to is Thrice, Thursday, At the Drive-In, Alexisonfire, and The Fall of Troy. So, I'd probably write some mix of that stuff
Quote by RedDeath9
The only "post-hardcore" I really listen to is Thrice, Thursday, At the Drive-In, Alexisonfire, and The Fall of Troy. So, I'd probably write some mix of that stuff

Those are all great bands. In addition to At the Drive-In and the Fall of Troy, some of my writing influences would be Million Dead, Glassjaw, A Lot Like Birds, Letlive. and Dance Gavin Dance.
Melodic/Progressive Black Metal in the vein of Artefact, Darkenhold, Dark Fortress, Imperium Dekadenz, et al. Collaborators must also be interested in recording the music since I want it to be both playable and posted somewhere for all to see. There are so many awesome writers on here that it would be a shame for all that work to be tossed aside in some folder. I have necessary equipment to record, my collaborator(s) would only have to send dry signals/files to me and I can work with the rest.

I don't know who is willing to put up with me, but if anyone if up for Black Metal along the lines of below then that would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiOiZRSxtI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Wdxn68ul8
I think I'd be up for this. I write what I have in my sig. It's kinda mathrocky, I guess? I dunno. I listen a lot to This Town Needs Guns, Dream Theater, Between the Buried and Me.

What I'm trying to say is I'm fine with most genres as long as their not too dissonant.
Quote by Million Dead

This, 100%. If anyone says post-hardcore and means actual post-hardcore, would be fully down to create something.
Quote by Million Dead
Those are all great bands. In addition to At the Drive-In and the Fall of Troy, some of my writing influences would be Million Dead, Glassjaw, A Lot Like Birds, Letlive. and Dance Gavin Dance.

Never mind, everyone's an idiot. Enjoy your forum Joao, I'm out.
I'd like to write anything that doesn't involve notes.

Particularly if there's anything atmospheric, experimental or very heavy happening.

Edit: HaydenHohns would you be interested in something with blackened noise/dark ambient sections? I am capable of recording and stuff.
Last edited by doubtfulsalmon at Oct 6, 2014,
OK, I'll be back in like... 7-8 weeks.

I've just got the last third of content (starts today) plus exam period for this semester and then I'm free.
Quote by NegiTom

then collab with me and lets write grindy things
cmon nigga
dont h8 da playa h8 da game
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by NegiTom

lol Oh, come on. I can understand not liking Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, and Letlive, just because those are pretty trendy, but what's wrong with the others? What kind post-hardcore are you thinking? Fugazi? Drive Like Jehu? La Dispute?
Quote by Million Dead
lol Oh, come on. I can understand not liking Dance Gavin Dance, Alexisonfire, and Letlive, just because those are pretty trendy, but what's wrong with the others? What kind post-hardcore are you thinking? Fugazi? Drive Like Jehu? La Dispute?

Never take internet elitism serious, it's only ever some nerd behind a computer, no one cares. When I hear post-hardcore I think about the original post-hardcore: Unwound, Lowercase, Nation of Ulysses, Shotmaker, Rodan, etc.

There are some mentions of atmospheric black metal though, there was one dude here who wrote some brilliant black metal but I forgot his username. Joao you're a nerd on this forum who was it/go get him.
Quote by NegiTom
Never take internet elitism serious, it's only ever some nerd behind a computer, no one cares. When I hear post-hardcore I think about the original post-hardcore: Unwound, Lowercase, Nation of Ulysses, Shotmaker, Rodan, etc.

There are some mentions of atmospheric black metal though, there was one dude here who wrote some brilliant black metal but I forgot his username. Joao you're a nerd on this forum who was it/go get him.

Oh yeah i remember that guy, his songs were sick.
His nickname is Imm0rtal
Quote by slapsymcdougal
@RedDeath9: I'd work on that brutalthingy one with you if you can wait a little under a month. My final exam is on the 20th for this semester. First day after that I'd be keen.
Quote by HaydenHohns
@RedDeath9: I'd work on that brutalthingy one with you if you can wait a little under a month. My final exam is on the 20th for this semester. First day after that I'd be keen.

I'd be up for it. Are you done with exams yet? Mine will be starting in about 2-3 weeks, but I'll still have a bit of time to work on stuff.
I'll be done next Thursday but I'll most likely have time after your exams to work on it (I'm guessing another 2 weeks of exams after they start for you, so 4-5 weeks and you'll be done too).
Quote by HaydenHohns
I'll be done next Thursday but I'll most likely have time after your exams to work on it (I'm guessing another 2 weeks of exams after they start for you, so 4-5 weeks and you'll be done too).

Yeah, I'm done around the middle of December. Do you have a skype address?
Quote by HaydenHohns
No.

How about good ol' email?

Ew I guess that'd work. Posting the file back and forth on UG would be just as efficient though.
Depends if you want the rest of UG to watch us stuff up along the way.

Two days, I'm psyched.
OK, so life got in the way unfortunately but now I'm back. I took the main riff RedDeath had at bar 70 from the original file and then stacked it right after a transition I made from the first section. Obviously I modulated the riff a few times. I have no idea whether you guys will like it or not.

The most important thing I also did was colour it. No professional GP5 file is complete without a colour scheme.

@CheesyMozarella: Your wish has been granted.
Attachments:
brutalthingynew2Collab.gp5
Page 1 of 2