Just got my Epiphone tribute plus and I love it. Now I need to get an amp but I don't want to spend more than 400 right now. Any advice? Love 90's Gnr and Motley Crue but want to be able to dabble in all kinds of music. I know I am not ready for a tube yet since I just started learning to play. Thinking about Blackstart HT1R or Vox AC4. Which amp would give me most versatility? And I don't need loud I live in townhouse. Please help.....
I forget whether the AC4 is any good, but I say stay away from the Blackstar. Could be a Blues Junior might suit your needs, though I'd wait for more folks to chime in if I were you
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I would consider a Pod and good headphones. This will allow you to play when you want, plus they have hundreds of sounds, lots of effects, tuner and other cool stuff. The way these things sound with headphones is killer.
I got my Jet City JCA2212C for like 300 bucks, It sounds great and is all tube. You just have to shop around a bit.
The HT will be more versatile but also sound worse.

I'd get a used DSL401 or the already suggested Jet City.
Or a used krank 1980 if you can find one for that money.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have never really used a POD, how does that work? I wouldn't be able to use without headphones right?
Quote by JosephFeagin8
I got my Jet City JCA2212C for like 300 bucks, It sounds great and is all tube. You just have to shop around a bit.

Checked it out on youtube, sounds fantastic! But I want to buy new, don't want to risk buying a lemon and they are 450 new. Maybe
Quote by Spambot_2
The HT will be more versatile but also sound worse.

I'd get a used DSL401 or the already suggested Jet City.
Or a used krank 1980 if you can find one for that money.

I found my 1980 Jr for $300 a year or so ago and I have never seen one that cheap again. Actually they are hard to find period, but they would work great if you can find one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Get a pod hd500x I have had tube amps and many other amps and the pod rocks I use mine all the time now .
You can get a powered speaker to go with the pod. If you want sound sometimes at home try running the pod into a stereo or computer input. You should have lots of options.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by GiantsFan72
I have never really used a POD, how does that work? I wouldn't be able to use without headphones right?

A Pod ( I actually have a Korg ) is pretty much for headphones. They are awesome for recording too. Plugging these things into amps doesn't really work IMO.

Highly recommend it though, you'll be more apt to play more often.
Quote by rickyvanh
A Pod ( I actually have a Korg ) is pretty much for headphones. They are awesome for recording too. Plugging these things into amps doesn't really work IMO.

Highly recommend it though, you'll be more apt to play more often.

They work fine through an amp, especially if the amp has an FX loop. You also need to turn the cab modeling off
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I always forget to recommend a POD lol. Not huge on modeling stuff myself, but it'd be excellent for your situation, and they can work well with an amp. Stuff like axe fx is becoming the future honestly. I think I watched a vid not too long ago of Coheeds rig and they're just using a bunch of em in place of any actual heads. That may have changed by now though
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.