Hi there,
I'm trying to sell my (barely played) Nikko acoustic guitar, model number 1485 and I'm having so much trouble finding it online. Let alone a price to compare it too.

I have limited knowledge in guitars, so I am quite lost when it comes to the technical talk on most guitar websites. It would be so much help if somebody could explain anything really about this guitar and what would usually be the best price to sell such a guitar.

I've attached some pictures too, any advice would be helpful! Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited by naixiuh at Oct 4, 2014,
From what I can tell its an inexpensive Chinese guitar, worth $100 on a good day to the right sucker person.

It really depends on how it plays, but it's basically on par with a First Act or similar.

It doesn't look too bad though.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 4, 2014,
Quote by Arby911
From what I can tell its an inexpensive Chinese guitar, worth $100 on a good day to the right sucker person.

It really depends on how it plays, but it's basically on par with a First Act or similar.

It doesn't look too bad though.

Thanks Arby911, this is already a lot of help! According to my friends who have played it, it plays well enough for a beginners guitar. Hopefully I can find somebody willing to buy it.
This looks better than any first act crap that I have seen. I would put on a new set of strings before trying to sell it, though.
True, I have been told if I wanted to start playing it I'd need a new set of strings. Thanks for the feed back. I'm glad to hear it's looks like a good guitar.
It's an acoustic/electric guitar. Have you tested the electronics to see if they function properly? It also has a cutout body style which is a bonus and usually a little more expensive than the traditional shape. The material's look to be spruce top and mahogany sides, both laminated I'd bet. It looks like it's in very good shape. Just because it's an off brand doesn't mean it's a bad guitar. It could have came from the same Chinsese factory as many "name" brands. However the no name brand might make it harder to sell. If the electronics work and there's no major flaws, I think $100 would be a reasonable asking price. If you get no takers at that price, take what you can get or keep it and learn to play.