Need an advice, i want to start playing Christian rock, i like how Gibson SG sounds, but i'm not sure about its devil horns.... Maybe they are too weird?
How do you think is this guitar ok for Christian rock?
Quote by Alien_Nash
Need an advice, i want to start playing Christian rock, i like how Gibson SG sounds, but i'm not sure about its devil horns.... Maybe they are too weird?
How do you think is this guitar ok for Christian rock?

Looks more like an hourglass to me
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Looks more like an hourglass to me

Maybe you're right, it's very similar on hourglass
But i always thought that it is a devil's horns. A lot of classic rock band used them, for example Black Sabbath Tommy Iommi.)
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What if I told you the devil doesn't actually have horns.

Pretty sure he has an f-hole tho, so stay away from those.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by Danustar
What if I told you the devil doesn't actually have horns.

Pretty sure he has an f-hole tho, so stay away from those.

"After Forever" by Black Sabbath is the greatest Christian rock song ever made. I'm not kidding, look at the lyrics.
What about these

Seriously if you go to a church that is that up-tight I highly suggest you find a different church to attend.

Get a guitar you like and enjoy playing
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've used this one in church a couple of times. Even took along some black duct tape in case they were upset. I told them it was from Pirates of the Caribbean ("You know, that Disney ride?"). "Well isn't that cute!"

But I always thought this ESP would work...

Or this one:

Last edited by dspellman at Oct 4, 2014,
No one cares what guitars you play at church and if they do and it genuinely is distracting them from their worship, they have some things they need to think about.
From a sound point of view, Tele's work really well and you can get a half decent squire fairly cheaply.

But get what you want, what sounds the best for you and what feels the best for you. If that's a SG, get an SG. If it's a Tele, get a Tele. If it's a freaking guitar that shoots fire and laser, then get that. It has to be a personal thing, not compromising because an old person may have a heart attack at the shape of the guitar...
Quote by Powersurge213
No one cares what guitars you play at church and if they do and it genuinely is distracting them from their worship, they have some things they need to think about.
From a sound point of view, Tele's work really well and you can get a half decent squire fairly cheaply.

But get what you want, what sounds the best for you and what feels the best for you. If that's a SG, get an SG. If it's a Tele, get a Tele. If it's a freaking guitar that shoots fire and laser, then get that. It has to be a personal thing, not compromising because an old person may have a heart attack at the shape of the guitar...

It's more than that. You need a guitar that honours God.... Has God provided you with you the guitar? Is it Gods purpose?
Watch Youtubes of your favorite Christian rock artists and see what they are playing. Phil Keaggy plays Les Pauls, Lincoln Brewster plays strats.... I see a lot of teles, 335s, some Gretschs... really, anything goes.

....well, anything except one of these.

When whatever religion you follow dictates what shape of guitar you are allowed to play... its time to wake up
Quote by Alien_Nash
As for me they are look satanic))

It's just a design choice. Fender went with an asymmetrical double cutaway on the strat, and Gibson went with a less asymmerical double cutway.

At any rate, get one of these.

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Satan does not have horns. He is not scary looking. He is a fallen angel; he is beautiful. If the Devil were not beautiful, he could not tempt us to sin- his monstrous appearance would scare us off.

That said...

Sure, SGs have a sinister appearance, based on echoes of erroneous iconography of Western art, but they're used in all kinds of popular music. See Derek Trucks, for instance.

But if you're genuinely concerned about the SG's shape, stick to guitars shaped like Stratocasters, Telecasters, Les Pauls, V's, Explorers and anything generally "mainstream."
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i suggest you stop going to church, its the ****ing 21st century, give up the mythology people, seriously...
Quote by crohno
i suggest you stop going to church, its the ****ing 21st century, give up the mythology people, seriously...

Yeah, TS was totally asking for this sort of guitar advice.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 4, 2014,
Christian Rock is like decaf coffee, alcohol free shots, vegan sausages or a woman with a penis.
Or a teacher who thinks he can reach students by rapping. You get the point.

Get a stratocaster.

And if you really want an SG, get one. People who judge you by the way your guitar looks are not Christians, they're idiots. "Don't drive through tunnels, you know what that stands for!" Jesus would get an SG!
This is not a signature
Quote by ErnestoFidel
Christian Rock is like decaf coffee, alcohol free shots, vegan sausages or a woman with a penis.

Clearly, you're not a fan.

I'll just say that, while it isn't anywhere near my favorite genre, Christian rock can be quite good, quite powerful. Enjoyable, even.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Clearly, you're not a fan.

I'll just say that, while it isn't anywhere near my favorite genre, Christian rock can be quite good, quite powerful. Enjoyable, even.

Can be, but like all other genres, most of it is shit.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ErnestoFidel
Christian Rock is like [...] a woman with a penis.

As a woman with a penis, I am offended that you would compare me to Christian rock.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I used to jam these guys in the early 90's very AICish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtUbcmfiXfk&feature=player_detailpage
And these guys in high school/mid 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcDyl6tCV8&feature=player_detailpage

Not bad for some jesus rock
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 4, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Christian rock can be quite good, quite powerful. Enjoyable, even.

Actually, Phil Keaggy's Glass Harp was pretty good. But still ...
This is not a signature