I'm a bassist so I posted in that thred first but since effects are typically more used in the guitar realm I thought I'd ask here as well.. Hope this is ok, been awhile since I've been active in the forums.

I'm finally getting the chance to build a pedalboard with all the effects I've wanted for awhile now. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a signal path.

Here's what I've got so far for the order:

IN ->
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Joyo Voodoo Octave (Fuzz w/octave option)
Boss MT-2 (Distortion)
DOD Bass Compressor
Lyon Chorus
Tremolo
Flanger
Bass Whammy
105Q Wah
SourceAudio Orbital Modulator
S.A. Hot Hand Wah
DOD Digital Delay
-> AMP

One of the big reasons I'm asking is that the Sansamp is the source of by base tone, but the DI aspect makes it great for plugging into the soundboard or hooking it up to the PC to record.. So how much will it change things to put it at the end so I can DI all my effects. I've kept it at the front so far so that my core tone is running through everything. Not sure where to place it.

I'm also not sure where to put the more dynamic effects like the Wah and Whammy as well as both of the SourceAudio pedals.

Apart from that any suggestions and advice is welcome.

Thanks!
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Start with your compressor then your distortions. If you want your gain sound to vary more put them in front of the compressor. Then put your wah there if you have an envelope filter or auto wah always put that first. You can put your whammy up now. Then put your modulation Chorus flange. Last your delay

Simplest terms compression and gain first then modulation reverb last delay. If you put yrou compressor in front of your gain you will have more even gain if you put it behind you can vary your gain tone more. If you have an effects loop put the modulation and delay in it the rest in front of the amp.

Envelope filters though will always go first because it relies on pick attack.