Hi,

which pedal would you suggest if i want to achieve a similar tone
like in this video 1:58
http://youtu.be/DzdSqqqYsAo?t=1m58s

he uses a 1970 Marshall Super Bass.
I want to get this fat saturated tone too.

I currently use a Fender CS Strat and a Fender Blues Junior.
How much money are you able to spend? Do you currently have any pedals?

(I'm sure you already know this but he also has a delay pedal on there too and that can really help to make leads sound a lot more professional.)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have 250€ to spend.

At the moment i don't have any pedal.
I recently sold my Boss GT-8 and wanted start to build a pedalboard.
yeah i'm guessing one of those marshall amp in a box type pedals would be the thing. i know he's using a superbass there but it sounds (to my ears) a fair bit more saturated than I'd have thought for that type of tone. I wonder if a crunchbox even might do it? the newer version has lower gain modes, too (though i haven't tried it, just the cheapo joyo clone of the older version of the crunchbox).

EDIT: the other thing is, how much space do you have? for 250 euros you can get a jet city these days. it wouldn't be my first choice for vintage marshall tones, but it's a lot closer than a BJr, and it might be closer than a BJr + MIAB pedal, too.

or if you don't mind being on fire bugera does that hot-rodded plexi copy for not much more, too (but you'd also need a cab).

depends on what you need... no harm in using pedals, either, and they may well be a more practical solution, especially if you're planning on gigging etc. and can't cart 2 different amps with you.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 5, 2014,
+1 on one of the wamplers
+1 on DLS
+.8 on crunchbox
+.5 J&H

the wamplers are expensive but DAMN. they deliver on every dollar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The Wampler pedals look very interesting.
The DLS too but since i'm from europe it's hard to try the DLS (no dealers here).

Which Wampler would you recommend, the Plextortion?

I'll order like 3 or 4 pedals from thomann to try them
^ I haven't tried it, but I think brian wampler posted on freestompboxes to say that the plextortion was sort of based on a marshall guvnor. It might be too modern-sounding for the tones you want, that's more of an 80s hard rock type of tone. I'm guessing the plexidrive or even the pinnacle might be better, but i haven't tried those either.

I'm sure catalinbread has one or two dealers here, but that's no help if you want to try the thing first, they could be miles away from you
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I say a dls and a delay you should be able to get moth in your budget even new but if you go used you might be able to stretch it a bit more.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Get a new amp, really. Otherwise, you're just wasting money on BS pedals.
- Fender, Taylor, Martin, Ibanez, Ramirez, Marshall, Boss, Morley, Mesa/Boogie, Univox, Shure, Monster, Dunlop, Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, Lace, Sperzel, DW, Tama, Zildjian, and a little Johnnie Walker