Poll: Would you find yourself more or less politically engaged?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you find yourself more or less politically engaged?
I am a current voter and would be more politically engaged.
4 31%
I am a current voter and am indifferent to this issue.
3 23%
I am a current voter and would be less politically engaged.
0 0%
I currently choose not to vote but would be more politically engaged.
1 8%
I currently choose not to vote but am indifferent to this issue.
2 15%
I currently choose not to vote and would be even less politically engaged.
1 8%
I am not old enough to vote but this is indeed a cool blog bro.
2 15%
Voters: 13.
this is a cool blog bros

this really speaks to me because the shortsightedness of political campaigns really makes me feel like politics are inept and meaningless in the grand scheme of things. really i only vaguely consider voting for the green party because they're the only ones that truly hold to a long term vision even if only in limited scope in regards to environmental issues but little else. even so, short term thinking pervades the political arena and works to marginalize long term vision.

do you think your government is too myopic about the long term future?

would you find yourself to be more politically engaged if a long term vision of the future played a bigger role in government?
I am a registered green and I do not think their platform is almost completely environmental and shortsighted with everything else. While I do support environmentalism, my real draw to them was their overall view of the government, civil rights, etc. which is very similar to my own (and I like the whole long-term minded thing).

I only skimmed that but I'll be sure to read it all later. I agree with the overall idea that governments are too short sighted.
Quote by slipknot5678
I am a registered green and I do not think their platform is almost completely environmental and shortsighted with everything else. While I do support environmentalism, my real draw to them was their overall view of the government, civil rights, etc. which is very similar to my own (and I like the whole long-term minded thing).

I only skimmed that but I'll be sure to read it all later. I agree with the overall idea that governments are too short sighted.

I was wrong about them. Actually looking at their fully specified platform rather than simply paying attention to what they've been most vocal about. Knew about the whole grass roots thing and wanting to change our natural ressource exporting economy into one that use those natural ressources to export finished products. Did not know about their support for Guaranteed Livable Income or expanding the role of worker/consumer co-ops. Will vote green next election.
I vote when the time comes. It's such a dated system with the internet and everything. Wasn't the point of having elected people was because it was too difficult for everyone to have a say in something?
Indifferent because I don't think politicians can be trusted to hold their word when it comes to a long-term platform.

& slip we are talking about different countries here, eh?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Indifferent because I don't think politicians can be trusted to hold their word when it comes to a long-term platform.

& slip we are talking about different countries here, eh?

I forgot that TS lives in Canada. >_>

Turns out I was right anyway, which makes sense since the greens all loosely follow an international platform.
Quote by slipknot5678
I forgot that TS lives in Canada. >_>

Turns out I was right anyway, which makes sense since the greens all loosely follow an international platform.

be tempting yet ultimately irrelevant
Quote by Thrashtastic15
be tempting yet ultimately irrelevant

Yes.

woah they actually have seats in Canadian parliament though. An entire two seats.

They aren't even allowed ballot access in half of the US. :/

Apparently these are the only countries where they are a sizeable part of a governing coalition.

Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 6, 2014,