So i am looking to buy a new guitar I want humbuckers and NON locking tremolo guitar. I would prefer a les paul style guitar with four knobs and a three way but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.
It isn't LP shaped, but you won't find a better guitar with what you want at the price you need to be at a PRS CE would be great and has some LP type features
and yes it is a USA made PRS
www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-Used-PRS-CE24-Red-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-110403734-i3928692.gc
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Godin's xtSA is a pretty good option:

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinxtsap.htm

Hagstrom has some good options:

http://www.hagstromguitars.eu/index.php?option=com_zoo&task=item&item_id=89&category_id=8&Itemid=5

http://www.hagstromguitars.eu/index.php?option=com_zoo&view=category&Itemid=22

Reverend's Kingbolt, Bayonet, Jetstream, Gil Parris sig and Reeves Gabrels sig II might be to your liking:

http://www.reverendguitars.com/category/guitar/
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Oct 5, 2014,
@Robbgnarly-Ive already checked those those out on the internet they seem good but I dont think they quite suit what Im looking for as I like stuff like tool and king crimson and some dream theatre Im thinking I might check out the prs se tremonti custom
Last edited by karstwall at Oct 5, 2014,
Quote by karstwall
So i am looking to buy a new guitar I want humbuckers and NON locking tremolo guitar. I would prefer a les paul style guitar with four knobs and a three way but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Carvin CS6

Quote by karstwall
@Robbgnarly-Ive already checked those those out on the internet they seem good but I dont think they quite suit what Im looking for as I like stuff like tool and king crimson and some dream theatre Im thinking I might check out the prs se tremonti custom

Actually they are very good at anything. PRS were designed to be the best parts of a Gibson and the Best parts of a Fender. I highly suggest you atleast try them out.

That Carvin dspellman is talking about would be a good choice if you want to keep a LP shape.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 5, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Actually they are very good at anything. PRS were designed to be the best parts of a Gibson and the Best parts of a LP. I highly suggest you atleast try them out.

That Carvin dspellman is talking about would be a good choice if you want to keep a LP shape.

Ditto that Carvin.

PRS is hard to beat on overall quality. Excellent axes.

karstwall, as for those bands...well, if you look at their histories, you'll see a lot of different guitars getting used. For instance, Adrain Belew was a Stratocaster fiend before he started playing Parkers.

Pretty much, if you find a well-made guitar with the overall specs & configuration you want, you can probably play whatever the hell you want on it.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Truth be told, I see LP clones of various makes on eBay under $1000 pretty frequently, too.

I think LTD has an EC with these features.
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Quote by boblittle
I think LTD has an EC with these features.

They are only available with a FR trem.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate