The composition is really nice.

The mix is really great, I just love your guitar tone. The vocals seem to be masking the lead guitar a lot sometimes, though, mainly in the chorus.

I hated the over processed vocals, that's more of a opinion though, lots of people seem to be doing this nowadays. The chorus would be amazing if not for the autotune. Other than that I can't see anything I didn't like about the song.

Keep up the good work!
Quote by mp8andrade
The composition is really nice.

The mix is really great, I just love your guitar tone. The vocals seem to be masking the lead guitar a lot sometimes, though, mainly in the chorus.

I hated the over processed vocals, that's more of a opinion though, lots of people seem to be doing this nowadays. The chorus would be amazing if not for the autotune. Other than that I can't see anything I didn't like about the song.

Keep up the good work!

Over processed? Nowadays? I didn't realize a decent vocal mix was a new thing...

Thanks for the feedback though.
You're probably just going to run into a lot of replies like that because it doesn't sound very old school. I will agree that it does sound pretty modern and the vocals aren't for me, but it is definitely written well and interesting. The tone and production are very precise. I'm pretty sure I couldn't mix that well. Playing is top notch too. Excellent job.

Here's my stab at metal.
https://poisonedbylife.bandcamp.com/album/dread-the-day-fear-the-night
Quote by CF_Mono
You're probably just going to run into a lot of replies like that because it doesn't sound very old school. I will agree that it does sound pretty modern and the vocals aren't for me, but it is definitely written well and interesting. The tone and production are very precise. I'm pretty sure I couldn't mix that well. Playing is top notch too. Excellent job.

Here's my stab at metal.
https://poisonedbylife.bandcamp.com/album/dread-the-day-fear-the-night

Thank you!

I checked out your song and I liked it a lot. It definitely set a great atmosphere, the vocals were interesting too. At some parts they seem a little off but they do fit well for the most part. Good work.
Hello

That's an awesome track, it has some parts that really remind me of Powerless Rise album by As I Lay Dying around 0:48 with the melody guitar/riff and then again in the chorus when you mix the screams with the clean vocals.

The overall mix was very good and, personally, I thought the vocals were spot on as they fitted into your track perfectly and the processing was done tastefully. The clean vocals added another dimension to the chorus and helped build a strong arrangement.

I liked the breakdown towards the end and would be interested to here a melody line in the background or some long held notes but that's minor really.

Great track. Is appreciate if you could check out my latest track and guitar playthrough at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657245.

Thanks, Ryan
Quote by Morphitis
Hello

That's an awesome track, it has some parts that really remind me of Powerless Rise album by As I Lay Dying around 0:48 with the melody guitar/riff and then again in the chorus when you mix the screams with the clean vocals.

The overall mix was very good and, personally, I thought the vocals were spot on as they fitted into your track perfectly and the processing was done tastefully. The clean vocals added another dimension to the chorus and helped build a strong arrangement.

I liked the breakdown towards the end and would be interested to here a melody line in the background or some long held notes but that's minor really.

Great track. Is appreciate if you could check out my latest track and guitar playthrough at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657245.

Thanks, Ryan

Thanks!

I love Powerless Rise. I love all AILD actually, that influence definitely shows through in my music.

That's funny about the melody line, because I generally do add melodic leads to my breakdown sections, but for whatever reason on this song I decided not too. I try to make sure I don't do the same thing in every song if I can. But good suggestion.

I checked out your song and sounds pretty good! The production could use some work but I do know that soundcloud usually shits on the quality pretty hard. That's why I tend to use dropbox now when I share stuff unless I'm posting it to youtube/bandcamp. I like the riffage though, it's pretty basic but it still sounds nice. The tapping/legato lick sounds pretty great at 0:44. Nice work!

I'll like your facebook page as well.
Hello there.

You have a really good guitar tone - kinda reminds me of some vintage The Haunted. The riffage is pretty cool and the drums are well written. As for the vocals - as a matter of personal preference I did feel there was a little too much effect (delay or maybe reverb?) on the verse vox, and the chorous had a little too much of the melodic side to them (more gruff and less clean would have been better for me) - But that's all just personal preference and it really doesnt detract that much from the overall product.

As for the mix, it sounded tight ad clear and pretty damn professional. I wouldnt have felt it was out of place if I had heard it on a rock/metal radio show.

Heres my stuff if you fancy taking a listen link

Cheers
Quote by RabidBadger
Hello there.

You have a really good guitar tone - kinda reminds me of some vintage The Haunted. The riffage is pretty cool and the drums are well written. As for the vocals - as a matter of personal preference I did feel there was a little too much effect (delay or maybe reverb?) on the verse vox, and the chorous had a little too much of the melodic side to them (more gruff and less clean would have been better for me) - But that's all just personal preference and it really doesnt detract that much from the overall product.

As for the mix, it sounded tight ad clear and pretty damn professional. I wouldnt have felt it was out of place if I had heard it on a rock/metal radio show.

Heres my stuff if you fancy taking a listen link

Cheers

Thanks man! I'll checkout your stuff. I love The Haunted and they really influence my writing and playing. New album was killer.