Part 3 in the series, this time looking at the stuff that came after the initial wave of bands. Dubbed by many as NuGaze, a lot of these bands whilst less pioneering than their predecessors, seemed to hone in on the formula and in my opinion create some of the genres finest moments.

Incoming projectiles:
13/10/2014 - Kinkyking
20/10/2014 - Severed Fukk
27/10/2014 - AnnihiSSlater
I don't feel a need to do a track-by-track description since it was all my fancy and my ignorant ears didn't hear anything that was seemingly out of place. Very few songs I've heard on here which is a given, with the one exception being LSD and the Search for God, who are one of the few shoegaze bands I've listened to since I had any interest in shoegaze.

Favourites were Skywave, Soundpool and A Place to Bury Strangers though, there was truly something magical about them that I can see myself getting into them pretty easily. The others didn't catch me like these few did, but frankly it was all really good and meshed well too.

I will say LSD & The Search For God track didn't actually play though, for some reason it didn't load for me. At least it wasn't a Nickelback song I guess! Good stuff par usual, Neilus.
Not going to give a track-by-track either since these are all pretty much my daily jams. Except somehow I totally forgot about A Place to Bury Strangers, so thanks for reminding me. Awesome mix.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Quote by severed-metal
I don't feel a need to do a track-by-track description since it was all my fancy and my ignorant ears didn't hear anything that was seemingly out of place. Very few songs I've heard on here which is a given, with the one exception being LSD and the Search for God, who are one of the few shoegaze bands I've listened to since I had any interest in shoegaze.

Favourites were Skywave, Soundpool and A Place to Bury Strangers though, there was truly something magical about them that I can see myself getting into them pretty easily. The others didn't catch me like these few did, but frankly it was all really good and meshed well too.

I will say LSD & The Search For God track didn't actually play though, for some reason it didn't load for me. At least it wasn't a Nickelback song I guess! Good stuff par usual, Neilus.

Glad you got something out of it.

I think it's easy to dismiss later shoegaze, but I think either this, or the next one contains my favourite stuff from the 4 mixes I've compiled.

A Place to Bury Strangers are good, but I feel like they got worse with each subsiuent release. If you're going to listen to them further, I'd say only their first album was essential.

Though interestingly A Place to Bury Strangers was formed by Oliver from Skywave, after Skywave split up. Two other bands came from Skywave Splitting; Ceremony (formed by John and Paul), who we'll see next time, and later on Static Daydream who formed when Paul left Ceremony last years.

When you think how good those the bands are, it almost makes Skywave seem like something of a Supergroup in hindsight, even if the trio weren't as well known back then.