Hey, everyone. I was wondering if you all could give some suggestions on what you believe would be a good bridge pickup for the Alice/Soundgarden tone. As of now, I am torn between the Seymour Duncan Invader and the Seymour Duncan JB. I love the power of the invader, but I love the clarity of the JB. Both seem to do well for chugs, drop D, power chords, etc. I am playing through an Orange Crush 120w head and a Marshall HDFX cab. The guitar in which I will be swapping out the pickup is a Fender Jagmaster. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
If you want something in between, try the Duncan Distortion. It's more or less a JB with an oversized ceramic magnet instead of the alnico in the JB.

That said, the JB is probably the pickup you'd want.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As do several other "metal" guitars I can think of- it's a classic combo.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The Invader is deep, but it can be muddy...I tried an Invader today and liked it, but I keep getting the JB's as a suggestion and I like every video that shows off the sound of them...I have yet to play a guitar with a JB though...I will also check out the Duncan Distortion now.
Quote by Fumble fingers
Jerry's G&L uses SD's JB and 59

Boom. Came here to post this.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
And the G&L Rampage, his other sig guitar from them, has only the bridge-mounted JB.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by bunnyh0pz
How to get an Alice in Chains sound? Beats me, ask Godsmack.

So true.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20