Hi all,

This is my first time posting in this section, but I'm getting into recording at home and I'm in need of a bass to finish my projects. One thing to note, I'm stationed in Japan and so it's very difficult/almost impossible to find the items I'm looking for to try out so I'm looking for recommendations and things that you feel separate the instruments.

Now, with all that being said, my recording setup will be as follows:

bass -> Pedeal (SansAmp Bass Driver or Dark Glass B7K) -> Torpedo Live -> Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 -> Cubase

I play all types of metal but primarily Doom and variations of Thrash. I'm trying to keep the initial price of the bass low, and I'm not against changing out the pickups to something better if needed. The basses I'm currently interested in are:

Squier 7- Vintage Modified Jazz
Squier Troy Sanders Jag Bass
Sterling S.U.B. Ray 4
Sterling S.U.B. Ray 5

Any guidance or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
1970s ASPEN Les Paul clone
Epiphone Annihilation V
Epiphone Robb Flynn Baritone V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob
Hovercraft Dwarvenaut 20
Something I recommend is the Yamaha TRBX-304. For playing finger style, it's probably the most comfortable bass I've ever played, since the pickups have cutouts that fit your thumb perfectly. It also has a selector switch for different styles of playing (slap, finger, solo, pick, and a neutral position). I've played a Fender 70's jazz bass, and while I like P-basses better, I still can't find anything wrong with the J-bass. I can't give any input on the Jag bass, but I'm sure someone else here could. I think it was a Sterling I tried playing once, but I couldn't play finger style very comfortably on it, since the bridge pickup was too close to the bridge.

Yamaha: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/yamaha-trbx304-4-string-electric-bass

Specifically, what kind of budget do you have?
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
Thank you for the response, I would prefer to stay under $400 that way if I need/want to change out the pickups I still have some money available to do that. And I don't have a problem buying used, so if that opens up possibilities I'ma all for it.
Gear:
PRS SE Custom 22
Ibanez RG3EX1
Gibson Gary Moore BFG
1970s ASPEN Les Paul clone
Epiphone Annihilation V
Epiphone Robb Flynn Baritone V
Jackson Dominion Pro
-
Line 6 Vetta 2
Peavey 6534+
Big Crunch One Knob