For the past 2 years im trying to learn the rhythm part of Crazy Train but as soon as the beginning of the gallop rhythm starts my right hand gets messes up. Dunno should i keep my forearm flexed or relaxed when doing the gallop or what? :S
I really get frustrated sometimes, since im playing guitar for couple of years ( maybe 5 yrs) but i still dont know how to gallop, and im really trying hard to learn it...
Last edited by ruinez at Oct 6, 2014,
learn to tremolo pick, then when you can control that its easy to learn to gallop, its the same twitch
Not sure what gallop part you are referring to in Crazy Train, but the secret of gallops like in The Trooper by Iron Maiden is to be really relaxed. Tensing up is never good, and it will always hinder your playing.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
Not sure what gallop part you are referring to in Crazy Train, but the secret of gallops like in The Trooper by Iron Maiden is to be really relaxed. Tensing up is never good, and it will always hinder your playing.

I ment the rythm part of crazy train, it sounds like it is a gallop.
My forearm and my fist are flexed when playing, thats probably the main reason why i never managed to learn the gallop.
Quote by ruinez
I ment the rythm part of crazy train, it sounds like it is a gallop.
My forearm and my fist are flexed when playing, thats probably the main reason why i never managed to learn the gallop.

Practice tremolo picking with your wrist, and learn to relax. Seriously relax, pay attention to all the tension in your body and hands and try to get rid of it. When you have a nice, even tremolo picking technique, you could start galloping slowly and make sure that your technique is good at slow speeds before you try anything faster.
Practice tremolo picking as others have suggested. But if you also try galloping constantly to a metronome at a slow tempos and gradually build it up so that each tempo is still relaxed it will help get your speed up.

To make it a bit more interesting to learn try to learn a riff like Battery by Metallica and slow it right down again and just build it up. I found that riff really helped get my right hand development.