Hey guys,

I've just moved to Switzerland from Canada. I have a Peavey Triple X (120v) along with the matching cab, but since I bought it in Canada (110v), it won't work with European current (220v). I've been searching all over the web for a good reliable power converter, as my other electronics (mixing monitors, PC, screens, audio interface, etc.) will also be connected to it, and I didn't find shit. They all either have bad reviews, not enough information to know if they're tube amp friendly, don't include the european plug, etc.

So if anybody ever had a similar experience, can you tell me how you managed to solve this problem? Do you have any power converter to recommend? Thanks
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
All you need is a transformer big enough. Add up the power consumption of everything you will be running off it simultaneously and get one about 50% more than that, give or take.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
All you need is a transformer big enough. Add up the power consumption of everything you will be running off it simultaneously and get one about 50% more than that, give or take.

Do you have a specific model or brand to recommend? Because honestly I've searched everywhere and either people claims that even tho it says for example 5000w, it doesn't go over 1000w, or that the unit just caught on fire, or that when they plugged an amp into it, the amp hummed like crazy. I just can't seem to find a decent reliable one anywhere.
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
Last edited by sbesozzi at Oct 6, 2014,
None specifically. The rating needs to be in RMS. That's probably how people are getting caught out - falling for the old "peak power" scam.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
None specifically. The rating needs to be in RMS. That's probably how people are getting caught out - falling for the old "peak power" scam.

Thanks for the tip!
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
Tosche Station is the best place to buy power converters.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'