I was looking at a bunch of guitars on GC and Thomann and I can't choose.
Budget:Around 700USD
I don't care if it's used or new.
Must have a Floyd
I kinda prefer a weird shape, like an Explorer or an ML.
I looked at a Dean ML 79(my favorite out of the lot)
A schechter Syn Gates Standard(Not into A7X, heard it's a good guitar)
A charvel Desolation(not sure which one)
A Dean Eric Paterson model(form testamtent) but it has no floyd.
City:Frankfurt, Germany
Go for a Dean Chicago Flame, great price to performance. I own two of those and two Eric Peterson's. So you can tell I like them.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I have a schecter synyster special. Very good and well built guitar w/o all the A7X stuff on it. I have nothing bad to say about it. Its my main axe and I snagged it for it $325 off ebay. I did however change the pickups.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by Fisheth24
Go for a Dean Chicago Flame, great price to performance. I own two of those and two Eric Peterson's. So you can tell I like them.

I can't find one. Anyway, isn't the Chicago Flame a color, or did my brain fcuk up?
Jackson Kelly X Series
Jackson Warrior X Series
Washburn Dime models
B.C. Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe
Dean Z

Some inspiration.
$700 will net you a lot used.

If you get lucky you can find a Gibson Explorer used for that much.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
$700 will net you a lot used.

If you get lucky you can find a Gibson Explorer used for that much.

An Explorer doesn't have a Floyd, I want one with a floating trem. I looked at Japanese Jackson Kelly's but I'm not sure about them yet.
Quote by aeshawerh
An Explorer doesn't have a Floyd, I want one with a floating trem. I looked at Japanese Jackson Kelly's but I'm not sure about them yet.

THe old MIJ Jacksons are fantastic. The Licensed Floyd needs replacing, but an OFR is a direct drop-in. Once you've done that though, you've got a guitar that'll last forever.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Weird shape metal guitar - have to look at B.C. Rich Bich, Warbeast, Ironbird, Son of a Beast, Stealth, Warlock. . . . they basically invented that definition. Just be wary of their low end stuff.

Also check out Blakhart Kronos and Whargoul - they definitely make a statement.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Deans are good in that price range. Check out Fernandes, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
If you like the Schecter Avenger shape, they make a few models in that shape that are not Syn signature models. They used to make a lot more, too, so you might be able to find a sweet used Hellraiser or Blackjack Avenger. Also, the new Blackjack Avengers are awesome as hell, and have SD Nazgul/Sentient pickups.
Quote by aeshawerh

Sorry, missed the bit about the Floyd.

A KE3 or a WRMG is a great option.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by the_bi99man
If you like the Schecter Avenger shape, they make a few models in that shape that are not Syn signature models. They used to make a lot more, too, so you might be able to find a sweet used Hellraiser or Blackjack Avenger. Also, the new Blackjack Avengers are awesome as hell, and have SD Nazgul/Sentient pickups.

TBH, I don't really care about that shape, but I used to listen to a lot of Sevenfold about 3 years ago, and just reminded myself of his guitar recently.
Location?

GC is American but thomann is in Europe....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You can probably pick up a Dean ML79 Dimebag Far Beyond Driven tribute for a lot less than $700...I picked mine up for $400AUD used. Floyd rose etc and pretty damn good value for money. Has the shape you like and also sounds filthy with a Dimebucker bridge pickup.
Quote by aeshawerh
TBH, I don't really care about that shape, but I used to listen to a lot of Sevenfold about 3 years ago, and just reminded myself of his guitar recently.

Ah. Word. Well, you mentioned in the OP that you heard his sig models are good guitars (and they definitely are, albeit flashy as hell and a bit too personal to the artist himself, in my opinion). If you like the sound of his guitars, but don't really care for the shape, just put SD Invaders in pretty much anything. And the Avenger is the only really non-traditional shape that Schecter makes, aside from a couple V style models. I'd go for a Jackson or B.C. Rich, in your position.
Quote by pantallica87
I have a schecter synyster special. Very good and well built guitar w/o all the A7X stuff on it. I have nothing bad to say about it. Its my main axe and I snagged it for it $325 off ebay. I did however change the pickups.

Is that the model that has the pinstripes, but just standard gothic crosses for inlays, rather than the giant "SYN" and deathbat logos? I wish they still made those.
Quote by the_bi99man
Is that the model that has the pinstripes, but just standard gothic crosses for inlays, rather than the giant "SYN" and deathbat logos? I wish they still made those.

No pinstripes. Just gloss black with white binding. It does have the cross inlays with a set neck and ultra access heal. Includes a floyd rose also. Comes in white or black. I put a set of zakk wylde EMGs in it.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by metalmingee
Weird shape metal guitar - have to look at B.C. Rich Bich, Warbeast, Ironbird, Son of a Beast, Stealth, Warlock. . . . they basically invented that definition. Just be wary of their low end stuff.

Also check out Blakhart Kronos and Whargoul - they definitely make a statement.

Do you think, will my Gibson LP Studio 50 Tribute good for hardcore? I mean i should change my pickups?
Quote by ghostnastromo
Do you think, will my Gibson LP Studio 50 Tribute good for hardcore? I mean i should change my pickups?

You shouldn't need to do anything. Decide for yourself if you think the pickups need to be changed. But before you do, ask yourself if the problem could be alleviated by getting a better amp.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You shouldn't need to do anything. Decide for yourself if you think the pickups need to be changed. But before you do, ask yourself if the problem could be alleviated by getting a better amp.

I have four channel tube preamp. It's good for hot gain.
Quote by readypembroke
Here is a Schecter Demon that have Duncan Designed active pickups that are basically a modelling of actual Duncan Blackouts:
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/demon/demon-6-detail
It is $399 straight from the company themselves with free shipping. They also have 7 and 8 string versions for a little more. I have a Schecter and love it.

No floyd tho...
The Schecter Syn sig I found is a Schecter Synyster gates Standard.
Licenced Floyd Rose Tremolo System
Duncan Designed HB-108 Detonators(Are these actives?)
"SYN" w/DeathBat Markers
Vol/Tone(tap)/3-Way switch(What does that tap mean?)
Grover
Bolt on neck.
Last edited by aeshawerh at Oct 8, 2014,
Now I have to choose from, the Schecter or an ML79.
Now, I would want the ML more, but the Schecter has 24 frets and better pickups I guess...
Quote by aeshawerh
No floyd tho...
The Schecter Syn sig I found is a Schecter Synyster gates Standard.
Licenced Floyd Rose Tremolo System
Duncan Designed HB-108 Detonators(Are these actives?)
"SYN" w/DeathBat Markers
Vol/Tone(tap)/3-Way switch(What does that tap mean?)
Grover
Bolt on neck.

The Detonators are the Designed version (cheap normally not as good tone) of Seymour Duncan Invaders and are hot passives.

Tone Tap means you can split the Humbucker pickup into a single coil mode.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by aeshawerh
Now I have to choose from, the Schecter or an ML79.
Now, I would want the ML more, but the Schecter has 24 frets and better pickups I guess...

24 frets is, in my opinion, a must for a metal guitar. At least if you intend to play lead. As for the pickups, those lower end "Duncan Designed" pups on the Syn Standard aren't all that great. The Syn Standard is just all around a cheap version of the real Syn Signature model, the Syn Custom.
Quote by the_bi99man
24 frets is, in my opinion, a must for a metal guitar. At least if you intend to play lead. As for the pickups, those lower end "Duncan Designed" pups on the Syn Standard aren't all that great. The Syn Standard is just all around a cheap version of the real Syn Signature model, the Syn Custom.

24 frets a must? We're talking about 2 more notes that are only strong and useable in a few keys. It is probably the least important feature ever, even though I agree that it is nice on a guitar the has excellent access like a V or a Custom 24.

I'm trying to think of a good guitar in that range that has both an FR and a pointy body, but that is actually hard. Super-Strats with Floyds are everywhere, so you would probably have a lot more to choose there. Otherwise, the Dean ML sounded like a good choice.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.