Page 1 of 4
If someone can explain what exactly the topic of this thread is, I'll leave it open.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
When some people make music they click instead of bowing or picking or some other way of doing it.

Are you suspicious of that?
Quote by Sean0913
No, because my name isn't Will.

Best,

Sean

I'm not suspicious of it
Quote by Elintasokas
No? I click all the time and use the keyboard (computer keyboard) when I compose in Notion.

You could do it and still be suspicious of it.

Think about switches and yes and no and what maybe means
Quote by willT08
You could do it and still be suspicious of it.

Think about switches and yes and no and what maybe means

Why do you waste your time thinking about insignificant crap like this?
Quote by Elintasokas
Why do you waste your time thinking about insignificant crap like this?

Understanding what maybe means is important

Indeterminancy in performance could be what people fetishise as the 'human' aspect. 'Maybe' in musical performance isn't the same as No Preference or No Answer and so what is it. In my experience it's a moment of disconnection followed by recollection.

How do we disconnect a computer in the same way? How can a binary computer not say yes or no?

How do we click for maybe?
Quote by willT08
Understanding what maybe means is important

Indeterminancy in performance could be what people fetishise as the 'human' aspect. 'Maybe' in musical performance isn't the same as No Preference or No Answer and so what is it. In my experience it's a moment of disconnection followed by recollection.

How do we disconnect a computer in the same way? How can a binary computer not say yes or no?

How do we click for maybe?

Why don't you email this stuff to jazz rock instead?
Quote by Elintasokas
Why don't you email this stuff to jazz rock instead?

because he's trying to create discussion lol
We have a little FB chat with Snazz and Ean and we talk about this stuff sometimes

But yano, trying to help out MT with something real to talk about. If you're not gonna contribute you could always go that jazz thread and say more stuff about dorians and melodic minor and stuff that has nothing to do with anything other than a bunch of people wanking each other off to things that matter to no-one else on the planet
why is this one bad?

i mean it's not on the level of the quantum ideas one but it's at least worth a thought
It's bad because you don't realize that human brains are nothing more than over-complex computers working on the very same "switch, yes, no" basis as the pc-s.

And you don't realize that by using the pc, you don't throw away the human element. It's not like computer is composing on its own or something.

This thread is pointless.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
yep that's right actually the human experience is binary and computers can't compose so there's nothing to be talked about here thank you for the discussion
/thread
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
This is a bad thread. Your other threads were interesting. This one is bad.

i am disappoint

Well actually it's right in line with his other threads if you care to look back at them.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Well actually it's right in line with his other threads if you care to look back at them.

Lol, indeed. Now that jazzrock is gone he isn't backing Will up in everything. I think that's the main change.
Last edited by Elintasokas at Oct 6, 2014,
Quote by willT08
When some people make music they click instead of bowing or picking or some other way of doing it.

Are you suspicious of that?

You mean they don't play an instrument.

I suppose I'd be suspicious that the music might just be cut and paste samples with some carefully selected presets. Then again it might not be. Who knows.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Oct 6, 2014,
Quote by GuitarMunky
You mean they don't play an instrument.

why can't a computer be an instrument? why can't anything that produces sound be an instrument?
Quote by deadsmileyface
why can't a computer be an instrument? why can't anything that produces sound be an instrument?
WHY CAN'T WE STOP HAVING THESE POINTLESS DISCUSSIONS PEOPLE! THIS THREAD WAS ENTIRELY POINTLESS IT SHOULD BE LOCKED JESUS CHRIST!

Last edited by Black_devils at Oct 6, 2014,
Quote by AlanHB

sorry

i think my threads are good

i am sorry if they are bad

i just post things i think about after lectures

i might learn theory so i can make a thread without being bullied

Quote by Black_devils
WHY CAN'T WE STOP HAVING THESE POINTLESS DISCUSSIONS PEOPLE! THIS THREAD WAS ENTIRELY POINTLESS IT SHOULD BE LOCKED JESUS CHRIST!

Yeah, how many times have we gone through this thread already? It's some wannabe pseudo philosophical bs.
nah i'm just asking what maybe means in a musical setting

i don't know why you're so hostile towards thinking about things like this rather than 3rds over mixolydian turnaround key changes
We understand what "maybe means in a musical setting" about as much as you understand the infamous mixolydian turnaround key changes. (first used by Chester N. Parkour in the tune "Shawnee" of course)

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more? This could still turn into a good thread.

What is "maybe" in music?
that's what i'm asking

i don't know either

there are times in music performance where the performer is unsure of what they will do next about some aspect of the thing, but they must make some choice in the end. i don't think that moment is the same as saying well i have no preference so whatever, nor can they not give an answer unless they decide to stop the performance.

so what happens in that moment? what is happening in the brain that leads to either choice?
Serious question:

Are you on meds? Bi Polar ...something...anything that explains this? I hate the thought that you might actually be mentally ill and sincere, and people are piling on you. Because thats the only thing that would rationally explain this.

Not that you have these thoughts...that's fine...

But that some synapse in your head thinks "Hey others must understand what I mean, without explaination, let's get their input." That's as random as me starting a thread saying

Kyoo wa ii otenki desu ne!

Makes sense to few and I hardly have qualified my audience. Maybe in a Japanese forum, that's appropriate.

No one's picking on you, but you're either bored, trolling, mental, or just playing Martyr. You can read, you have posted threads, you know the response. So this eliminates accidental ignorance. I don't buy that. It's either intentionally you being stupid, and trying to stir things up, which is the majority opinion, OR you're mental, and don't know better and that's part of your condition.

How do I know you haven't been set free with a laptop to presumably "explore" your world, while mental, only to find, that yeah most of us haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I'm not making light of this, I have seen mental people seemingly believe in their "thing", and no one else has a clue what they are talking about.

I knew a guy who thought everything in the world sucked compared to David Hasselhoff, and he had everything from old Knight Rider, to his solo music, and adored the guy. No one else compared. Why? I don't know, but he was mental and we let him ramble on. To his "world" that was and made total sense.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Oct 6, 2014,
Quote by willT08
that's what i'm asking

i don't know either

there are times in music performance where the performer is unsure of what they will do next about some aspect of the thing, but they must make some choice in the end. i don't think that moment is the same as saying well i have no preference so whatever, nor can they not give an answer unless they decide to stop the performance.

so what happens in that moment? what is happening in the brain that leads to either choice?

A choice will always be decided upon. The thought will be processed and acted upon. Even if that thought is "Well, I dunno wht'll happen when I twist this knob but duck it"
Quote by Black_devils

Please do not support the very thing we've been fighting against.

These are not the only threads in the forum and you can choose not to participate if you want.

This forum is like the Vatican circa 1962 or something.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 6, 2014,
Quote by willT08
We have a little FB chat with Snazz and Ean and we talk about this stuff sometimes

But yano, trying to help out MT with something real to talk about. If you're not gonna contribute you could always go that jazz thread and say more stuff about dorians and melodic minor and stuff that has nothing to do with anything other than a bunch of people wanking each other off to things that matter to no-one else on the planet

This might be the worst case of the pot calling the kettle black I have seen in my life.
Quote by koslack
This might be the worst case of the pot calling the kettle black I have seen in my life.

Amen. As if THAT mattered to anyone, more. Sheets of paper, granules of sand.

Some people take him seriously. I guess that's awfully deep thinking and progressive of them. I'm going to have to wave the white flag, because I run the borderline between not understanding, and not caring about it.

Best,

Sean
Quote by slipknot5678
Please do not support the very thing we've been fighting against.

These are not the only threads in the forum and you can choose not to participate if you want.

This forum is like the Vatican circa 1962 or something.

Chill out buddy - the mods were the cause of this issue and it's not closed yet. Now sit back and enjoy the deep conversation that challenges your beliefs.
Soundcloud
Will, if you stopped acting nonplussed as to why people get pissed off by your attitude things would probably go better. I refuse to believe that you cannot comprehend why the way you phrase things would be taken badly.

Try to be more genuine.

These threads were better when Mr. Feel was here to actually present ideas.

Step up your game Will.
Page 1 of 4