I have an ENGL Blackmore Signature E650 with an ENGL E412 V60 cab.

I do not have that much experience with many different amps.

Which known amp would you compare the clean channel with? I really like it, and its so clean but not clean in the same way as my Fender Blues Jr.

Is it more Mesa than Marshall or More Marshall than Fender? Maybe someone can tell me what to look for to find the same clean :-)
Why do you want to compare it to any cleans? ENGLs are known for having an astounding sound and their cleans do sound very pronounced, yet so pristine and clean. I think it's not as bright as I would call a Fender clean, but that's always up to EQ... like anything.
It won't compare to your Blues Jr. because your Blackmore signature has got a whole lot more headroom and with the given cab, a lot more oomph, to begin with. Then add all the possible EQ differences, different tubes and so on...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I'd say it's probably more Marshall, but in my experience with ENGLs their sound is more like a studio HiFi than anything.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
maybe a wee bit like a vht/fryette (in terms of the tone, I dunno what the circuit is)? ages since i tried one, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
"Why do you want to compare it to any cleans?"

Just trying to learn to describe the sound I have. Kind of hard, so if I could compare it with something people know - then its easier :-)
Quote by kh.arendt
"Why do you want to compare it to any cleans?"

Just trying to learn to describe the sound I have. Kind of hard, so if I could compare it with something people know - then its easier :-)

Isn't the best way "come on over and hear yourself"?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I just read a review

"After setting up the head with the matching Engl PRO series 4x12 cabinet, the head was set with the EQ controls at the 12 o’clock positions, the clean channel engaged, and fed with the input from a 1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom and a 2006 Fender American Stratocaster. Two words can best describe this channel: intense power. Older-era single channel Marshall amps, especially the Marshall Major, had a reputation for pushing a lot of air even when clean. Certainly, one of the defining characteristics of the Major was the added headroom; it was a very difficult amplifier to distort because it was extremely loud. It was certainly a shock to hit an open G chord and feel that old school non-master volume amp punch in the chest—that feeling that lets you know this is a healthy amplifier with a lot of power underneath the hood"

Source:

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Engl_E_650_Ritchie_Blackmore_Signature_100_watt_Amp_Review

Thanks for all your comments :-)