Poll: The "tyranny insurance" defense is...
Poll Options
View poll results: The "tyranny insurance" defense is...
stupid
10 56%
dumb
8 44%
Voters: 18.
Page 1 of 2
This thread is an opportunity for gun advocates to clearly define at what point they take their guns and assassinate politicians. I hear all this vague talk about how guns are insurance against tyranny and blah blah blah, so surely there's a point where you think it's acceptable to murder people. When is it?
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Right now.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
When my electric hoverround scooter finishes charging back up *opens twinkie box*
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
shoot em all and let god sort out the rest, that's what I always say
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by slipknot5678
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting

Is that the kind of thing they have in mind when they say shit like that?

Kind of related: It's so stupid how these people complain about America turning into a police state yet when the police actually start murdering unarmed civilians they side with the police.

RIP Mike Brown

in a very serious way though.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
canned response using "libtard"
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
canned response using "libtard"

lol Xiaoxi
the "tyranny insurance" is an interesting thought experiment that has little to no practical application in reality because the world is not just some little dump in hinterlandia
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
The tyranny defense is actually a really good idea. The problem is that in America, each and every single citizen - if armed with an assault rifle - would still stand no chance against the US military.

Hence why I fully support equipping the public with tanks and unmanned drones.
If our government were truly tyrannical our boys and girls in the military would mutiny and save us.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
If our government were truly tyrannical our boys and girls in the military would mutiny and save us.

Of course. Everyone knows that the only people in the US who volunteer for the military are rebellious free-thinkers.
because apples are red even though some are green
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
i think the kind of person that would be into tyranny insurance would also be into buying a tyranny insurance premium from a private company.

gonna start that one up soon.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
i think the kind of person that would be into tyranny insurance would also be into buying a tyranny insurance premium from a private company.

gonna start that one up soon.

If govt impinges on your freedom we will send you a machine gun and body armor within 24hrs. Sign up to the "Gold" policy and you will also get an armoured battle truck with mounted weaponry within 12hrs of a successful tyranny claim.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
If govt impinges on your freedom we will send you a machine gun and body armor within 24hrs. Sign up to the "Gold" policy and you will also get an armoured battle truck with mounted weaponry within 12hrs of a successful tyranny claim.

$$$$ Freedom isn't free $$$$
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
because apples are red even though some are green

your sig is relevant

but i agree
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
I think most Americans would be too lazy to actually form a militia against an oppressive government that is incredibly unlikely to ever happen. In the case of an armed rebellion by these hypothetical militias with their small arms, a military backed government with the highest global military spending would simply murder them all from the air.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by StewieSwan
$$$$ Freedom isn't free $$$$

If the poor WORK they will be able to afford the FREEDOM they would then DESERVE.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
And if all those illegals would stop stealing the jobs from hard working Americans!
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
if we don't have guns hitler will rise from the grave and take over the world
this house is bitchin
Quote by EndTheRapture51
You ever heard of Nazi Germany mate

Wasn't that when that Hitler chap was all like, "Golly, I hate those Jews! Let's kill them!" and the army bros were like, "No sir, Mr. Hitler. That's a gosh darn mean thing to do!"

???
His personal army decided to go along with his bad plan and the normal army too.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
wow i never knew

thanks endtherapture51
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by StewieSwan
This thread is an opportunity for gun advocates to clearly define at what point they take their guns and assassinate politicians. I hear all this vague talk about how guns are insurance against tyranny and blah blah blah, so surely there's a point where you think it's acceptable to murder people. When is it?

09'ers gonna 09'.
Quote by archangels
The tyranny defense is actually a really good idea. The problem is that in America, each and every single citizen - if armed with an assault rifle - would still stand no chance against the US military.

Do you have any military experience at all?

Because what you've written is nonsense.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
In the case of an armed rebellion by these hypothetical militias with their small arms, a military backed government with the highest global military spending would simply murder them all from the air.

How's that working against ISIS/ISIL/ISWHATTHE****EVER?

How well did it work in Afghanistan? Viet Nam?

Guerilla forces, especially ones that can hide in plain site amongst the civilian populace, are nearly impossible to eradicate with ground troops, and you certainly can't do it with air power.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Oct 7, 2014,
Quote by archangels

Teenagers with AK47's in the hills do a pretty good job in Afghanistan, and there's a lot less of them than Americans.
It's like these doubting Thomas mother****ers never seen Red Dawn.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Never underestimate guerrilla fighting. It's pretty sad how thoughtlessly people go on about starting a rebellion though, almost like it's some afternoon family-picnic type of deal that you join for a bit of fun.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Never underestimate guerrilla fighting. It's pretty sad how thoughtlessly people go on about starting a rebellion though, almost like it's some afternoon family-picnic type of deal that you join for a bit of fun.

This.

Guerrilla fighting is perfectly viable but there are so many people who style themselves as revolutionaries with their stashes of weapons. Guns don't magically make you able to start a revolution, or survive in one for that matter. Even if you can, you need other people. And those people might not be too inclined to follow you.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Arby911
Do you have any military experience at all?

Because what you've written is nonsense.

How's that working against ISIS/ISIL/ISWHATTHE****EVER?

How well did it work in Afghanistan? Viet Nam?

Guerilla forces, especially ones that can hide in plain site amongst the civilian populace, are nearly impossible to eradicate with ground troops, and you certainly can't do it with air power.

i bet arby911 has tyranny insurance
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's like these doubting Thomas mother****ers never seen Red Dawn.

WOLVERINES!
Quote by JustRooster
09'ers gonna 09'.

u sure showed me
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan
u sure showed me

:trendysmileyfaceofthemonth: #rustledjimmies
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 8, 2014,
Guns won't likely defend against tyranny. They'll just help one tyrant replace another.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It's better if we're all tyrants instead of one tyrant at the top.

Decentralise tyranny!
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Page 1 of 2