Thanks aaron for the actual feedback! We're highly influenced by the 60s, from surf to psychedelia, as a band it's our favorite decade for music.

We refer to it as a single because our local alternative station asked us for a recording to air and our EP isn't officially out. So yes it will be on the radio, maybe not everywhere but it is a single nonetheless.
Quote by Loffle Monster.
One of our good friends recorded us in his basement studio. I can't recall the software, but I know it wasn't pro tools.

Drums sounds good.
Are they recorded live?
Quote by Loffle Monster.
Thanks! Our drummer used our producer's kit that sounds amazing, especially the snare. All instruments were actually tracked individually!

Drums were also recorded in basement? Could you give some advise about drums record?
Last edited by Tube_silence at Oct 8, 2014,
Hi, I'm finding that some of the guitar and vocals are overloading/peeking - however, I think the mix is pretty clear overall, with all parts quite clear in the mix, although maybe the bass is a little low. I like the switch from the surf to heavy guitar sound, and really like the distortion sound on the heavy part. I'd say there is not quite enough variation in the song considering that its nearly 5mins long. I would have shortened it or put in more variation (ie, different parts with different chord structures, etc).

Anyway, hope the comments help

John
Quote by john.hoos.3
Hi, I'm finding that some of the guitar and vocals are overloading/peeking - however, I think the mix is pretty clear overall, with all parts quite clear in the mix, although maybe the bass is a little low. I like the switch from the surf to heavy guitar sound, and really like the distortion sound on the heavy part. I'd say there is not quite enough variation in the song considering that its nearly 5mins long. I would have shortened it or put in more variation (ie, different parts with different chord structures, etc).

Anyway, hope the comments help

John

Hey John, thanks for the response! I agree with everything you said. This was written by our lead singer, and I believe we could definitely cut something out and shorten it. The simplicity of the song is due to the back that it was actually written like four years ago haha so it's a little novice. We kept the simplicity though because (believe it or not) a lot of our other material is quite complex and uses tempo changes, odd progressions and varying parts. Our lead guitarist went through a highly influential prog phase in high school haha.