I've been doing a lot of research for my first electric guitar and my budget is quite low but it seems that the ESP LTD H-51 is the best guitar out there for the price.

But I haven't heard of too many people who own the guitar so if you do own one, I would be glad to hear your honest opinion for a guy who wants to be ably to play both rhythm and lead metal at a low price.
Honestly, if you're looking at Esp. Don't get a bottom of the line guitar. That's what I started with, but I quickly upgraded. I've been all about ESP all my life, it's what I've played year after year. I've tried others, but I honestly love ESP. IMHO that is said though. If you are looking at the H-51 I believe it's because you like the body style. I had a H-1000, hated it Trust me don't get it! If you want to play metal, you need some sort of active pickup, otherwise you'll be buying boss pedal after boss pedal and tube screamer after...well so on. At least get one of the ESP LTD 300's or 330's those have ESP's active pickups in them and will be a much better. starting point than a 51. If you're dead set on an H body style, get the H-351 you will thank yourself later.
Wilkommen in der wirklichkeit

Gear:
Esp Ltd RZK 600
ESP RZK-I VINTAGE CREME
ESP RZK-II
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier SOLO head
Bunch of distortions, and overdrives
And a couple WAHs
Quote by DoktorHaifisch
If you want to play metal, you need some sort of active pickup, otherwise you'll be buying boss pedal after boss pedal and tube screamer after...well so on.

My ESP Horizon with passive Seymour Duncans sounds nice and fine for metal and the cleans are cool too. I used to play with EMGs but I couldn't stand the sterile sound they produced, so I got rid of them. I found them too much 'in your face' for leads as well. My passive pickups scream and whail, but with the flick of a button I get warm sounds. I never managed to make that work on active pickups.

OP, a friend of mine owns an LTD similar to the H51 and it plays very nice. Do be aware that you might want to swap the pickups. It could be they sound alright, but I know from experience that pickups on lower-end guitars can sound a bit dull or lifeless.
Yeah
Last edited by TehDutchDude at Oct 10, 2014,