Page 1 of 2
holy shit

Quote by IndyStar
The U.S. Supreme Court is sending a message that the gay marriage debate in America is over — or the justices are risking greater disarray later.

Such is the opinion of legal experts and the leader of the Indiana Senate after the high court refused Monday to take up a request from Indiana and four other states to hear appeals of federal court rulings that struck down the states' bans on same-sex marriage.

The Supreme Court's decision let stand two federal court rulings that said Indiana's law limiting marriage to the union of one man and one woman is unconstitutional.

The court's inaction, in essence, legalized gay marriage in Indiana and is likely to have the ripple effect of legalizing same-sex marriage in 10 other states. That would bring the total number of states where gay marriage is legal to 30.

Monday's action appeared to telegraph the court's lack of support for state marriage bans, said Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond who has been following same-sex marriage cases.

"You could see it as some kind of signal that there are not five votes to find the bans are constitutional," he said. "Otherwise, you're just going to create a big mess" by allowing gay marriage to expand in new states.

"I just don't see, in the face of that, that the Supreme Court is going to come down the other way and try to undo all of that," Tobias said. " It just doesn't make any sense as a practical matter."
this house is bitchin
Oklahoma is on that list as well. I thought I would never see the day. Or not for many years at least.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I honestly thought cocaine would be legalized, before Indiana allowed gay marriage
this house is bitchin
Good job Indiana

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Good job Indiana

Indiana didn't do it just like Oklahoma didn't do it. A bunch of states wanted to ban gay marriage and the Supreme Court basically said "nope" and went on to other business. They didn't even hear the cases. With the gay marriage bans struck down, it's no longer illegal. We've already had marriages here in Oklahoma and the decisions is like a day or two old.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Indiana didn't do it just like Oklahoma didn't do it. A bunch of states wanted to ban gay marriage and the Supreme Court basically said "nope" and went on to other business. They didn't even hear the cases. With the gay marriage bans struck down, it's no longer illegal. We've already had marriages here in Oklahoma and the decisions is like a day or two old.

so basically this only lasts until its brought up again
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti

Supreme Court, brah. They've pretty much decided that any marriage bans strictly because of sexual orientation is straight up unconstitutional. That's my understanding.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
normally when the court in a province rules the rest of the country follows.

source: live in a civilized country.
Yes, the same case applied here.

Progress.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Better way, way late than never. Sucks that it's actually news though.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Oct 7, 2014,
Quote by CaptainCanti

brought up again to who lol
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
What kind of shitty "first world" country still doesn't allow gay marriage. Pretty ******ed that this is even news.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Gay marriage was legalized in Pennsylvania not too long ago. I was really surprised that it happened knowing how many right wing Christians are around here.
It would have been legalized sooner if young people voted. Maybe not in Oklahoma but the majority of young people really don't give a shit. But so few young people vote.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Wasn't gay marriage in Indiana legalized for like 3 days and then made illegal again?

Something like that happened but I can't remember.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
for some reason ohio, who from what i've seen has been pretty left as of late has been lagging behind here

but this is great
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by ErikLensherr
brought up again to who lol

as a federal case or legislation or whatever
and knowing how many conservative ****wits are here in indiana, it'll be brought up sooner than later
this house is bitchin
Quote by BladeSlinger
It would have been legalized sooner if young people voted. Maybe not in Oklahoma but the majority of young people really don't give a shit. But so few young people vote.

most voters are old people who don't really have shit all else to do all day.
This is a bad thing. Things that other people have been doing for literally thousands of years, that are completely harmless, and makes people happy, should be illegal.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
This is a bad thing. Things that other people have been doing for literally thousands of years, that are completely harmless, and makes people happy, should be illegal.

i am glad somebody is finally taking a stand that gay people should be illegal. dont listen to the h8rs keep doin u
Quote by CaptainCanti
as a federal case or legislation or whatever
and knowing how many conservative ****wits are here in indiana, it'll be brought up sooner than later

It's the Supreme Court, they're the final word on the law of the land and there's nothing else to say.

The only thing they can do is either (a) hope the Court inexplicably reverses itself or (b) get Congress to pass a Constitutional amendment. Fat chance.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i am glad somebody is finally taking a stand that gay people should be illegal. dont listen to the h8rs keep doin u

joel hates gays
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
joel hates gays

they are not people i mean seriously how can a man be romantically or sexually interested in another man like wow that's gross and it's brings out all my insecurities and makes me feel uncomfortable therefore they should be killed
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
they are not people i mean seriously how can a man be romantically or sexually interested in another man like wow that's gross and it's brings out all my insecurities and makes me feel uncomfortable therefore they should be killed

You're very good at sarcasm. 5/5, also, making fun of gay h8ers, 5/5. But it is scientifically proven that an increased support of gay rights, marriage being the epitome of it, would significantly increase the number of homosexuals. It would also make gayness more attractive to little kids. Are you sure this is the world you want to live in?
this
Quote by MetalMullet
You're very good at sarcasm. 5/5, also, making fun of gay h8ers, 5/5. But it is scientifically proven that an increased support of gay rights, marriage being the epitome of it, would significantly increase the number of homosexuals. It would also make gayness more attractive to little kids. Are you sure this is the world you want to live in?

Of course not. That's like opening the gates to every prison ever and letting felons and criminals live amongst us.

Actually, it's like opening the gates to every prison ever, and also the borders to Mexico.
it's all coming back

Honestly if you praise India for doing this you've missed the point big-style.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal

For seriously, what banjo said.
Quote by Banjocal

Quote by Banjocal
if you praise India for doing this

Quote by Banjocal
praise India

this house is bitchin
Quote by MetalMullet

2/10 step your game up
Quote by jakesmellspoo
LOl ur gay I did ur mom in the boobs LOL
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by Thrashtastic15
most voters are old people who don't really have shit all else to do all day.

Fredericton clearly had a lot of youth votes because they managed to elect a Green Party Rep in the capital of New Brunswick.

Not that NB matters, since we're the welfare prov. of Canada
Nice to see good things happen. This straight-couples-only monogamy thing has only been around for a few hundred years in only a few countries anyway, nice to see it fade.
Quote by Axelfox
This image pretty sums up my attitude

Except it doesn't say homosexuality is a bad thing anywhere in the bible. But lets not tell them that.
Quote by MetalMullet

I'd like to see that science. I doubt it exists. Links please!
Christ it's 2014. Lets just legalize it 100% in all states and be done with this ancient stuff.
Quote by Wormholes
Christ it's 2014. Lets just legalize it 100% in all states and be done with this ancient stuff.

Lol, have fun in the new Sodom and Gomorrah, heathen...
Page 1 of 2