Page 1 of 2
Sound Engineer SLAMS Courtney Love

yay
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Lol I saw Dope a month or so ago and the singer pretended to play guitar even worse than she does

I'm still sorta convinced it wasn't even plugged in, though I was too far away to tell for sure
Quote by whywefight
Lol I saw Dope a month or so ago and the singer pretended to play guitar even worse than she does

I'm still sorta convinced it wasn't even plugged in, though I was too far away to tell for sure
(I'd just like to say brofist for the avatar)
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
seconded on avatar bro fist. swans ftw
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I dont understand.

That was a pretty good nirvana cover.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
haahaha he sure got her good!
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Just so we're all clear, we all know this is fake right?
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by DonGlover
Just so we're all clear, we all know this is fake right?

except it isnt
Quote by sam b
except it isnt

Except it absolutely is an overdub (the guitar, that is) and anyone who doesn't realize this is crushingly stupid. I get that everyone hates Courtney Love and it's fun to go "Ah ha! Look how awful she is!" But that really doesn't make this video any less obviously fake.
A SIGNATURE.
nah man, its clearly not faked
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by DonGlover
Except it absolutely is an overdub (the guitar, that is) and anyone who doesn't realize this is crushingly stupid. I get that everyone hates Courtney Love and it's fun to go "Ah ha! Look how awful she is!" But that really doesn't make this video any less obviously fake.

I don't think so, but even so, it's probs pretty accurate
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Bladez22
nah man, its clearly not faked

Oh, right. Clearly.

Quote by steve_muse
I don't think so, but even so, it's probs pretty accurate

Come on. I know you're not an idiot. Surely you guys are way more perceptive than this. The guitar is completely out of place with the rest of the sound. Like it literally just sounds like one of the "shred" videos where the guitar is overdubbed, which is pretty much exactly what this is. On top of that, you can clearly tell by the lack of any sort of reaction from either the fans or the band themselves that you are not hearing what is actually being played on the stage. It is an overdubbed guitar on the video. I don't know how to make it any more clear.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Oct 7, 2014,
Quote by DonGlover

'I was hired through the venue to record this show (including many others throughout that week) and was then left standing with a hard drive and an invoice no one seemed to want. Four years later I still have the files and not really any idea what to do with them. But I like to share. So here we are.

What you are hearing are just Courtney’s isolated vocal and guitar mics (with the obvious bleed from the rest of the band). I’ve muted everything else. This video I’ve borrowed from elsewhere on youtube and in trying to sync up my own audio I realized they were a little sloppy with their edit. But you get the idea.

To address the most obvious, inevitable question that I will be asked…this is not fake. Whether you think she’s the worst or this just makes her all the more “punk rock” is for you to decide. I’m merely presenting the facts as they are. Make of them what you will.'

I think you're the "crushingly stupid" one.

Her having the guitar is irrelevant in terms of the live performance, I doubt you can hear it at all. A lot of live performers do this, just for show if you will.

But in that case, I'm not sure why she has/they have it (plugged in at all) anyway
Last edited by sam b at Oct 7, 2014,
Definitely fake. You ever see those those John Mayer videos where they overdub the guitar to sound terrible? That's what this is. Although her voice is prob right.
@don actually listening to it again I think you might be right. What makes it so believable is just how shitty she is I guess.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by sam b
I think you're the "crushingly stupid" one.

Her having the guitar is irrelevant in terms of the live performance, I doubt you can hear it at all. A lot of live performers do this, just for show if you will.

But in that case, I'm not sure why she has/they have it (plugged in at all) anyway

Lol seems legit
Quote by DonGlover
Oh, right. Clearly.

Come on. I know you're not an idiot. Surely you guys are way more perceptive than this. The guitar is completely out of place with the rest of the sound. Like it literally just sounds like one of the "shred" videos where the guitar is overdubbed, which is pretty much exactly what this is. On top of that, you can clearly tell by the lack of any sort of reaction from either the fans or the band themselves that you are not hearing what is actually being played on the stage. It is an overdubbed guitar on the video. I don't know how to make it any more clear.

The fans are too drunk to care
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Quote by chev311e
http://youtu.be/ynq7pAEwprl]

lol omg look how bad John is lel

Yeah cause youtube "shred" video = legit live performace

She says she's shit at guitar, other live videos from the same band show the same sound, sloppy playing and wrong notes being played. But it's too good to be true and it's fake. Obviously.
Quote by sam b
Also, this video further proves the point. (17 seconds in)

She has two other guitarists on stage (that we see at least) that completely drown her shite out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG6xZlBUDD4

Not only the first video didn't sound fake at all. Here you go, guys who say it's fake. Same type of sound, same guitar. I think this would clear any discussion, but oh well.
Quote by sam b
Also, this video further proves the point. (17 seconds in)

She has two other guitarists on stage (that we see at least) that completely drown her shite out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG6xZlBUDD4

wow

I was just taking the piss but I think I was unintentionally right
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Between the other video and the way her hands look and how the guitar reacts every time she bumps its either real or really well faked/ might as well be real

Her vocals aren't really all that surprising either, no one thinks she's that great of a singer anyway

Edit: oh and the video description says that its not his video, but it is the same performance that he took the audio from, so that explains some of the editing problems. I'm still putting my money on real
Last edited by whywefight at Oct 7, 2014,
Jesus christ, it's just 3 power chords. Why does she even need to fake playing in the first place?
Wow. She is an absolute crap guitarist. Oh well, just another reason for people to hate her.
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
That other vid sure shows she's terrible, dat tone is like Marshall kindof bad, but the first vid seems a bit too exaggerated so I dunno
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by MeTallIcA313
Jesus christ, it's just 3 power chords. Why does she even need to fake playing in the first place?

rok'n'rol man
The Internet has corrupted people...they don't believe in truth and honesty anymore; the virtues most treasured in the ancient times. This video is, without a doubt, real and for those who insist otherwise I truly say: ok.
Quote by ElMaco
The Internet has corrupted people...they don't believe in truth and honesty anymore; the virtues most treasured in the ancient times. This video is, without a doubt, real and for those who insist otherwise I truly say: ok.

I love this guy already
Page 1 of 2