I am Planning for a Digital Multi Effects. two on my List:
BOSS ME-80 or The LINE6 POD HD series.

i am confused as to whether which one would be the best choice for me.
Sound wise, i came to read HD series knocks out the ME 80 (don't know if that's true)
But i also read the HD series is more meant for Recording session and not for Live play and the ME series is for Live play.
My main and Only emphasize is LIVE PLAY & LIVE GIGS . i need it only for that.
can someone kindly advise me as to which sound & choice would be the best or if there is anymore other best alternative.
Other alternatives are the Zoom G5 & separate pedals.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Other alternatives are the Zoom G5 & separate pedals.

Could you kindly shed some light on my doubts abt the LINE6 series not being LIVE friendly
Get the pod hd500x or something like that, that is made for live playing especially. Also, do you need it as a standalone replacement for the amp, or are you just using it as an effects unit?
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by yocdimapur
Could you kindly shed some light on my doubts abt the LINE6 series not being LIVE friendly

Don't have doubts about that, loads of people use them live. They wouldn't get recommended so much if they weren't up to the task.

But the other options I mentioned are worthy of investigation too, the main thing being you need to find the solution you are happiest working with.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I like pedals that easy to program "on the fly" so I like the newer Boss ME series (ME-50, ME-70, ME-80). They have real hands on knobs and are easy to program. For instance if you want a little more distortion in the middle of a song you just reach down and turn the knob. No digital display showing a virtual knob and a complicated "save" routine (earlier ME pedals like the ME-30 had this problem). The other thing is that it is not overly big and fits on stage without taking up too much room. Best of all and most important is that the sounds are pretty good across the board. I'm not familar with the newer Zoom pedals or Line 6 pedals to comment.
^ The Zoom you can definitely do that stuff on the fly.

The trouble with doing that on the Boss units is when you change the effect on each pedal, all the settings are for the effect you were previously using. A slight tweak and you can completely mess up your sound. I know, I used to have the ME-50 and that was the reason I upgraded.

The Zoom remembers different settings for each different effects.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Oct 8, 2014,
Just got myself a POD HD500 and I love it.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Will you be using it by itself or mating it with an actual amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification