This has been sitting around for a while. i always thought to myself ill eventually add more but never did. I always tend to get stuck. Any ideas??? Thank you in advance.
Attachments:
song 4.gp5
I smashed this onto it after listening to nothing but obscura and jfac for a week.
Attachments:
song 4.gp5
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
haha awesome! i love obscura but i can never write like them. and i dont know scales and stuff for nothing. anything you recommend me looking up to really understanding obscuras music style???
Quote by JFACB
haha awesome! i love obscura but i can never write like them. and i dont know scales and stuff for nothing. anything you recommend me looking up to really understanding obscuras music style???

Mostly just from looking at their tabs, I've gathered that they often change keys mid section or after a section, and that often they use augmented, diminished and minor scales in a similar manner to german classical composers. For instance, this bridge from Vortex Omnivium (tab below) is all of those things and the song itself is a good example of such a thing. Also, they use large barre chord arpeggios for 'epic' transitions and as additions to main riffs, usually played by the lead player, Christian.

Pretty much everything is alternate picked, no downpicking, lots of string skipping riffs that tend to be somewhat melodic but are always often harmonized together by both guitars (the end riff in the first tab, for example).
Attachments:
vortexbridge.gp5
Obscura - Vortex Omnivium (Pro) (1).gp5
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american