Before you say this should be in the classifieds, this is not a request for a drummer, but a request for advice on finding a drummer...
So I'm trying to set up a band in London and for the life of me can't find someone who plays drums. Tried loads of different websites etc but nada. Is there just a chronic shortage of drummers? Or is there a better way to go about this? Can people let me know their success stories for this?
Any tips or (ideally) non-abusive comments welcome.
Normally people hold on to decent drummers for dear life once they find them. I've found mine by putting up fliers and hanging out at bars with a lot of live music. The town I live in also has a facebook group for local musicians. See if you can either find one for your area or start one.
Quote by schaden
Normally people hold on to decent drummers for dear life once they find them. I've found mine by putting up fliers and hanging out at bars with a lot of live music. The town I live in also has a facebook group for local musicians. See if you can either find one for your area or start one.

Thanks for replying. So you just strike up a convo? And what kind of places do you put fliers?
I think the best advice is to make friends in the local scene that does whatever sort of music that you do.

In doing that, you'll meet a bunch of musicians and drummers.
TS it could also be possible that the ad that you are posting is not very attractive to drummers, so they aren't applying.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Reagar
Thanks for replying. So you just strike up a convo? And what kind of places do you put fliers?

Yeah, it's generally best to just talk about the project, especially if you plan to gig. I would ask bar owners and venue owners if they would allow you post fliers up there. Universities are also a good starting place.
Basicly, ask people that seem to be deep into the music scene, if they know any drummers. And when they say yes, you get their contact info (these days it will usually be a facebook account) and then just contact them and explain what you are looking for. I got 3 drummers that way.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.