http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/science/ebola-dog-excalibur-nurse-spain.html

So basically this spanish nurse cures this missionary who was infected with ebola in Sierra Leone, she returns home, the missionary dies, she takes 2 weeks off from work, she goes to the hospital with flu-like symptoms, they send her home telling her she has nothing, she dies from ebola shortly after, they quarantine her husband and they put down her dog.

Are these protests overreactions, pit?

On a related note, they're also protesting against the government for security and hygiene procedures "not strict enough since a nurse was infected with ebola on spanish grounds".

I would find an article about that as well but a quick google search only displays results about the dog killing related protests.

Anyway, are any of these protests justified, or should they all just chill the **** down?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Why couldn't they quarantine the dog too instead of killing it? Isn't that the point of an animal quarantine center?
cat
Quote by Spambot_2
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/science/ebola-dog-excalibur-nurse-spain.html

So basically this spanish nurse cures this missionary who was infected with ebola in Sierra Leone, she returns home, the missionary dies, she takes 2 weeks off from work, she goes to the hospital with flu-like symptoms, they send her home telling her she has nothing, she dies from ebola shortly after, they quarantine her husband and they put down her dog.

Are these protests overreactions, pit?

On a related note, they're also protesting against the government for security and hygiene procedures "not strict enough since a nurse was infected with ebola on spanish grounds".

I would find an article about that as well but a quick google search only displays results about the dog killing related protests.

Anyway, are any of these protests justified, or should they all just chill the **** down?

Bolded part is bollocks(assuming the BBC is reliable, since they're reporting that she touched her face while wearing gloves she'd had on while treating the guy with ebola).

The procedures are fine, but they weren't adhered to in this case(apparently).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The procedures are fine, but they weren't adhered to in this case(apparently).
I myself think so, and I knew the hypothesis about how she caught the virus, though the spanish population seems not to agree on that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
There's literally no excuse for this. It sounds like they didn't even bother testing the dog for ebola. ****ing animal cruelty.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by willT08
i'm glad its dead

Huehuehue
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
They shouldn't have killed the dog, but I don't think it's worth rioting over.

Also, I like how the "animal rights activists" they pictured in the article were two people with huge dreadlocks and a hippy looking dude.
Quote by Weaponized
ok

Well, I do eat them.

That doesn't mean I hate them. Stop being stupid.
The misdiagnosis is far worse than putting down a dog.

The husband might live and sue hard, if that's worth a court case in spain. It sure is here.

Not the dog but the fact they let the women go home without discovering she had ebola.

Last edited by stratkat at Oct 9, 2014,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Spain is protesting over dog killing?

Bullshit.

igeddit
STಠ_ಠ
I dunno what everbody is so pissed about, the dog was 12 years old anyway. It would last for 3 more years tops, probably way less.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
>people care about one dog dying
>still eat meat
mkay then
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Jackintehbox
Isn't Spain like the center of European animal cruelty anyway?

No, most towns in Norfolk have regular badger baiting in pub cellars.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I live in Spain, but I'm not really aware of the whole thing... It's blown out of proportion. Of course, the dog shouldn't have been put down if it wasn't necessary, but if it was alive and a potential threat to the rest of the people who has to take care of it? I think I rather we'd be safe... The real problem was that the police came to their home and simply took the dog away and put it down without asking permission or letting the owner know about it, at all.

And I didn't know the nurse was dead...
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Banjocal
>people care about one dog dying
>still eat meat
mkay then

>People don't eat dog meat in Spain
>Doesn't greentext properly
>Bazinga!

Just thought you should know that we (humans) think differently about different species.

One question though: do dogs transfer ebola?
Quote by Griffo48
ill take a dog over a human every ****ing day! Humans are shite dogs are grouse

Your argument is good, but I haven't heard anyone say grouse in like 12 years, and I'm 18
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day