I can't remember the name of the technique, but it basically adds stresses to certain notes to make it sound as if a melody/rhythm is playing duple time, despite it being in 3 or 6 time etc.
Beethoven used it a lot.
There's a specific word for it; if anyone knows what I mean please tell me!

Do you mean like a song in 3/4 but it accents every second beat instead of every third beat (so instead of two bars of 3/4, it kind of sounds like three bars of 2/4)? That's called a hemiola. Yeah, and it's one kind of a polyrhythm.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.


Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
It's hard to explain, it was taught to me as being like "1 2 3, 1 2 3, 1 2, 1 2 3, 1 2 3" and I can't for the life of me remember how to notate it..