Hi I just got an ibanez js100 and while I very much like the guitar I can't stand the pickups. I'm looking at Dimarzio's mostly and specifically the Norton and paf Joe. However I'm not sure and would like advice from others with more experience than I. I play a variety of music, but specifically rock and alternative. Mostly stuff like Relient K, Switch foot, All American Rejects, Paramore, and stuff like that. Mostly, rock, alternative and things in between. However I also play worship music at my church, so I need them to clean up well. Basically I need a versatile set of pickups that can do mostly anything but specifically great for rock and alternative. The JS100 is a basswood guitar, and I want to avoid muddiness or too much brightness. Thanks
what amp(s) are you using?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My JS20S has the same pickups in it and they aren't terrible. Through the right gear those Ibby pups sound good. The Dimarzios would be an improvement however if you're wanting to stick with a Satch sound of course which covers all bases sonically for the most part. I've been sticking with PRS pickups for awhile now so I won't let my fanboy ways influence you
Check out a DiMarzio Evo 2 / Evolution neck set.

Also a PAF Pro / PAF Joe set.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Dave_Mc
what amp(s) are you using?

I mainly play through my mustang floor when I'm playing live, but at home I have a jcm half stack. However, mainly my mustang floor with gigs and church and stuff.
ok, thanks

i suspect the norton would be worth a look, but i haven't tried it. the tone zone and the super distortion are on the hotter and darker side, while the paf pro (in the bridge position) is pretty bright (and on the lower output side of things). for the neck i'm guessing the paf pro or air norton would work (or even the paf but i haven't tried it).

from duncan maybe one of the customs (or even the JB, though it's getting on for the hotter side of things again) in the bridge and then for the neck probably the '59 if versatility is what you want.

that's if you want to stick to the big guys
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Duncan TB-4 for the bridge and a Jazz Sn-2 in the neck
I hate my JS-100, it is literally a POS. Hope you have better luck with yours
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2