I recently got an agile a-2000 and I love it. The humbuckers sound great but i would like maybe more of a brighter sound but also with a great distortion. I've never bought different pickups before so I'm new to this. I play bands like weezer, tool, a lot of classic rock, black sabbath, kadavar, and people like kings of leon. Someone please help me out. Thanks!
My friend dropped Deathbars in his Interceptor 727 and they sounds great. You can get the 6 string humbucker size versions (Deathbuckers) from Lace's website. Other pickups you might like from them are The Dissonant Aggressors and the Nitro Hemis.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by michaeldupont
I recently got an agile a-2000 and I love it. The humbuckers sound great but i would like maybe more of a brighter sound but also with a great distortion. I've never bought different pickups before so I'm new to this. I play bands like weezer, tool, a lot of classic rock, black sabbath, kadavar, and people like kings of leon. Someone please help me out. Thanks!

It's hard to balance distortion and bright sound, and going overboard with something like an Invader is a bad idea. Best bridge pickup I've heard for what you want is the Suhr Aldrich. Don't be mislead by the 17.5Kohm rating. It's specifically good for your list of music.

Don't buy the neck pickup of the pair; it's not as good (IMHO). You're better leaving your current neck pickup right where it is.
Quote by TheStig1214
My friend dropped Deathbars in his Interceptor 727 and they sounds great. You can get the 6 string humbucker size versions (Deathbuckers) from Lace's website. Other pickups you might like from them are The Dissonant Aggressors and the Nitro Hemis.

Is that going to be for like metal, or death metal? Because I'm not really looking for that heavy of something.
Quote by dspellman
It's hard to balance distortion and bright sound, and going overboard with something like an Invader is a bad idea. Best bridge pickup I've heard for what you want is the Suhr Aldrich. Don't be mislead by the 17.5Kohm rating. It's specifically good for your list of music.

Don't buy the neck pickup of the pair; it's not as good (IMHO). You're better leaving your current neck pickup right where it is.

What about the DSH+ on the website it says it's good for classic rock and rock. Do you think that would be better for me, or the one you said?
Quote by michaeldupont
Is that going to be for like metal, or death metal? Because I'm not really looking for that heavy of something.

It's only called a Deathbucker because it's black and is slightly higher output, but even at that it's like 7.2k ohms resistance or something low like that. It is a little more geared towards metal, yes. You could also get the regular Alumitone humbucker.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Seymour Duncan JB would fit your styles
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100
Peavey 5150 4x12
Peavey XXX 2x12 combo
Pedals
Actually I've neglected to ask the important question of "what amp you are using?"
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by michaeldupont
What about the DSH+ on the website it says it's good for classic rock and rock. Do you think that would be better for me, or the one you said?

You should be able to pull up YouTube vids for both pickups. The DSH+ is also good.
Quote by TheStig1214
Actually I've neglected to ask the important question of "what amp you are using?"

Oh sorry about that! I'm using a fender mustang I but I'm about to get a Jet City JCA2212C. I don't like the fender mustang too much.
Quote by TheStig1214
It's only called a Deathbucker because it's black and is slightly higher output, but even at that it's like 7.2k ohms resistance or something low like that. It is a little more geared towards metal, yes. You could also get the regular Alumitone humbucker.

Yeah, the Alumitones can deliver a fairly bright tone, and the Deathbuckers are very similar to their less alarmingly named cousins. They're a little more growly and less clean...but still cleaner than many pickups designed for metal.

That said, I don't think the Deathbuckers are really what the OP is looking for, and of the two, would recommend the original Alumitones over them.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Check out a Seymour Duncan Custom / Jazz set.

Also check out DiMarzio Fred / PAF Pro.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 9, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Yeah, the Alumitones can deliver a fairly bright tone, and the Deathbuckers are very similar to their less alarmingly named cousins. They're a little more growly and less clean...but still cleaner than many pickups designed for metal.

That said, I don't think the Deathbuckers are really what the OP is looking for, and of the two, would recommend the original Alumitones over them.

I saw Tool and Black Sabbath and thought METAL \m/

Yeah, regular Alumitones are what you're after, OP.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I'd also look at something like:

Tesla VR-Extremes
BareKnuckle Rebel Yells
RailHammer Chisels

...and I could go on, but we should probably ask what your budget is.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'd also look at something like:

Tesla VR-Extremes
BareKnuckle Rebel Yells
RailHammer Chisels

...and I could go on, but we should probably ask what your budget is.

I could probably go $200.
Quote by TheStig1214

Last question: The Alumitone Aluma P-90 pickups, are they worth it? Do the have just as good as a sound as the regular alumitone pickups?
Quote by icanhasgodmode
Put Bareknuckle Stormy Monday in my Agile, love 'em.

Those are way to expensive for me I think.