I recently bought a Marshall JVM 215 and instead of using its footswitch I want to use a midi controller. From what I understand it is a matter of setting the EQ/gain to whatever you want and then save it so that when you hit the footswitch it will activate those settings regardless of what the knobs are set to, is that correct?

My question is - is it possible to alter the EQ so that it will effect all the presets? How am I supposed to EQ the amp according to the venue when gigging?
Quote by tappooh
I recently bought a Marshall JVM 215 and instead of using its footswitch I want to use a midi controller. From what I understand it is a matter of setting the EQ/gain to whatever you want and then save it so that when you hit the footswitch it will activate those settings regardless of what the knobs are set to, is that correct?

My question is - is it possible to alter the EQ so that it will effect all the presets? How am I supposed to EQ the amp according to the venue when gigging?

As far as I know, there's no Global EQ on the amp that would apply to all preset modes. You'd probably have to put an EQ pedal into the FX loop. One of the mode settings on the amp allows you to select the FX loop, and since the mode settings are all available via MIDI, you could simply make that part of the modes selectable.

My suggestion would be to reduce venue effects as much as possible. Eliminate mechanical coupling by putting the amp up on an amp stand (this will also change acoustic coupling). Miking the amp and running things through the PA would force the PA EQ to adjust for venue, rather than placing the burden on the amp itself.