Anyway I found an amp head in my shed. Its not guitar amp, but id sure as hell like to plug it in and see how it rolls. Its a Sansui "AU-55A". it has several inputs at the back, but i have no idea how to use them. Where do I plug the guitar in?

Inputs
Phono 1 & 2, Aux, Tuner & Tape (switch). Aux can be used for CD, DVD, VCR, Headphone jack.
Pre-in Main-out RCA plugs on rear. This amp can be used as a pre-amp or power amplifier. The Pre-Amp, inputs and power supply are all shielded.

Where do I plug in the guitar, what adaptors will i need? I can figure out how to plug speakers in, lol
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
is it a new amp? That's what you really need.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
it's wasted as an amp. amps are usually built very rugged and sturdy aside from the internal electronics. what you need to do is buy about 4 feet of velvet curtain or shag carpet (dumpster diving scraps from a store work good for free!) , get a staple gun and use it to attach the material all over the front and top of the amp. This resulting object can now be used as a foot stool for putting your feet up after a long day.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I guess you could plug a multi-fx into it and just use it for volume, rather than sound.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
phew! my dudes, it's a good thing I didn't make a serious post or I'd be pretty embarrassed right now!
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yeah I was gonna tell him "good find jay" then I googled it and like the third result down was a ug thread, read teh thread, and noticed his malevolent scheme....
KIFFLOM
Quote by sonic_hippy
Yeah I was gonna tell him "good find jay" then I googled it and like the third result down was a ug thread, read teh thread, and noticed his malevolent scheme....

nobody likes a spoil sport

asshole
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
throw it out and get a new amp.

EDIT: on a serious note, I don't think those types of amps are used for instruments very often. The output level of an electric guitar might be too low. Although it is hard to find information on that particular model. You could try it, but be careful not to crank anything or you could damage it. You would probably need a 1/4 inch to RCA adapter.

Those types of amps are usually used for home audio type things. Like your TV, ipod, blu-ray, etc.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Oct 9, 2014,
Quote by theogonia777
nobody likes a spoil sport

asshole

nice one m8 feel better now?
KIFFLOM