Hey

I recently got an old epiphone les Paul std but the pickups are super microphonic. Instead of waxing the pups I've decided to rather install a set of ibanez cap-vm humbuckers I pulled out of my ibanez premium. Thing is.... I have no idea what I'm doing...lol! The epiphone pups have two wires but the cap-vm pups have three... 1 thick blade wire, a thin red wire and a thin white wire. Could anyone give me an indication as to where these wires go?

Thanks in advance
I think Ibanez have a bunch of wiring diagrams on their site. Also check out Seymour Duncan page, they have a whole bunch of wiring diagrams for every possible pickup and control combo.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
It's been a long time since I've worked with Ibby pups, but provided color coding hasn't changed you need to do the following.

1) North/Start (usually red) connects to the selector switch.
2) South/Start (usually blue) connect to ground (along with the green or bare ground if there is one.
3) North/Finish (Usually Black) and South/Finish (usually white) connect to each other.

That's for a standard wiring with no coil splitting. It sounds like the guitar doesn't have any coil tap switches.
Last edited by poppameth at Oct 10, 2014,