After selling my Ibanez GRX70 i am planning on buying a new electric guitar and amp. The Line 6 spider 4 75 watt model is within my Budget. But i am confused with the guitar cort X11. Every video on you tube has EMG HZ pickups on it. I think that was available till 2012. Now Cort X11 comes stock with Duncan designed HB102 pickups. Is it a good one compared to EMG HZ? I want good Rock lead tones and should also play metal. Is there any other options available in this range with Floyd Rose?
I plan to buy online from bajaoo.com so cant test it before i buy. Please tell me if Corts Duncan Designed Pickups are good or not?
These are fine for budget pickups. But as amp makes a major impact on overall tone, I would concentrate on getting a better one. I would push the budget a little bit or probably get a slightly cheaper guitar.
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
Are duncan designed HB102 as good as the pickups in Ibanez RG321 or Rg370 ?? If its not good then Can u suggest me a better amp and guitar for this price?
It really won't matter what pickups you have if you're putting them through a Spider 4 because they will all sound the same. I used to have one.
Also, never get anything with the HZ's in it. EMG makes a good active, their passives are garbage, though.
The peavey Vipers tend to be better amps in that price range.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
It really won't matter what pickups you have if you're putting them through a Spider 4 because they will all sound the same. I used to have one.
Also, never get anything with the HZ's in it. EMG makes a good active, their passives are garbage, though.
The peavey Vipers tend to be better amps in that price range.

+3,1415

Don't get a Line6 Spider, they sound awful. As Ryan said, a Peavey Vypyr would be a much better choice.

And as far as the EMG HZ pickups go,
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Playing an intermediate guitar thru an intermediate amp, I think youll be fine with duncan designed pick ups. I had a set on my first intermediate guitar (Schecter Gryphon),back in the day, and played through a solid state amp and they performed just fine playing Metallica style to Ted Nugent style rock.
Gibson LP Classic HP
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter KM-7
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
I felt the hb 102 set was fine for Journey and Zepplin tones but for harder Metal they didnt cut it at all. High resistance (10/16 k ohms) but not really high output. Alnico 5 too. I find for harder music ceramic is the way to go. The HB 103 set is better for metal.
What the hell!!!
You can go to seymoure duncans sight and look up the specs. The HZs would be better than the HB102 set imho. Pickups dont matter if you have a very crappy amp. Otherwise they do and will sound different. Hell I have even had the same pups sound different from each other.

I had a set of hb103 in a omen 6 that slayed. Shoulda kept that cheap ass guitar.
What the hell!!!