Couldn't find a topic for this, so I made one

Looking for a clip-on tuner, gonna be used on a 4 string bass guitar, budget is about 20-25 USD (15 euro).

Saw the Snark tuner and the D'Addario NS micro tuner, one website says that Snark is the best (guitar-tuner-review.toptenreviews.com) and UG gives the D'Addario tuner a great review (click), but the D'Addario one isn't listed on the other website.

Which one should I get? Any other suggestions?
I used the NS tuner for a few months before I got my Boss TU-3. It does its job well and doesn't fall apart as easily as some clip-on tuners do. I dropped it a few times and it was fine. A stomp box tuner is still better for me, as it is slightly more accurate and tracks notes a bit better.
I don't know how it will work with a bass guitar, though.
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
I use a TU2 myself, but this is for my dad

A stomp box would be my preference, but there isn't a decent one within budget.
I have a Snark son of snark mini tuner and it works remarkably well and was $11 with shipping on ebay
www.ebay.com/itm/Snark-S-1-Son-of-Snark-Guitar-Bass-Tuner-Fast-Accurate-Hides-behind-Headstock-/281203355543?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item417906af97
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Korg clip on tunes bass ok. Really, most of the proper ones are pretty good these days. Some pick up ambient noise worse than others. I couldn't use the Korg one on my guitar if the bass player hit a note. The Snark one's supposed to be better for that. Although, it won't be as bad on a bass, you're the one overwhelming everybody else, not t'other way around, huh?
Bloody bass players.
Find a bargain on whichever of the reputable brands comes your way. If you're gigging don't bother, get a pedal tuner. The Pitchblack is good for bass and pretty cheap if you hunt around, hit ebay. I've got a Korg rack tuner too. It's like a friggin Korg showroom.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The only clip on tuner I have ever used (and still do) is the Planet Waves tuner.

I've had it for about 5 years, only had to change the battery once and it does the job. Simple, convenient, reliable and accurate.

$20USD, but that was 5 years ago
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
i had a planet waves one, fell off first gig and broke. i was not being stupid either. trash.

then MF had a STOTD on the snarks in blues (color) for $7 a pop and i either bough four or five, if two were shit i cold sell the others unused and profit a few $$$.

but the snarks aren't bad.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I love my Snark. cost me ten bucks, and I highly doubt I'll ever need another tuner. Unless it breaks. In which case I'll buy another one.
Quote by the_bi99man
I love my Snark. cost me ten bucks, and I highly doubt I'll ever need another tuner. Unless it breaks. In which case I'll buy another one.

it will break eventually.

OP what are your thoughts on pedal tuners?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it will break eventually.

I'm sure it will. It's already lasted longer than I expect any $10 consumer electronics product to last.

Also, working at a store where we sell tons of snarks every day, I get lots of people who say they break easily around the swivel points, and I could see that. It's definitely not the strongest connection point among the clip on tuners. But, every story someone tells of how it breaks involves them twisting it in some weird way, or running it into a wall or amp. Maybe it takes less stress to break them than others, but it still takes some stress. And I'm careful with my equipment. I've had my guitar 6 years and there's not a single visible nick on it. I've bumped the headstock into something a grand total of three times in those six years. So, although I won't be the least bit disappointed when and if my Snark breaks, I also won't actually too surprised if it never does.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i had a planet waves one, fell off first gig and broke. i was not being stupid either. trash.

Well, they're Biyangs aren't they?

I've dropped my Korg clip on heaps of times. It's typical Korg, made for working musicians.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well, they're Biyangs aren't they?

I've dropped my Korg clip on heaps of times. It's typical Korg, made for working musicians.

what are you saying are byangs? the first one was planet waves.

the other few are snarks. i just got the for $7 because they were blue. they are not associated with biyang. at least the ones i have aren't.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Other Planet Waves stuff is often Biyang IIRC. I thought the tuner was too.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking of GFS.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Oct 11, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
Other Planet Waves stuff is often Biyang IIRC. I thought the tuner was too.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking of GFS.

dont worry cath no face palm required . i don't do GFS, or shit like that i don't trust their products.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I recently got the Snark SN-8 Super Tight tuner. So far so good. It has a little trouble picking up the low C on my basses (tuned Drop C1). But I paid less than $10 for it on eBay new. It's fine for the price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
. It has a little trouble picking up the low C on my basses (tuned Drop C1). But I paid less than $10 for it on eBay new. It's fine for the price.

A few of these contact tuners sometimes have trouble with low notes - the red Snark does. You can get them by playing the 12th fret harmonic instead of the open string