I've been working in my little budget home studio for a year now, and already released a single and an EP for my band. But as a modern melo/symphonic death metal band we think it's time to do better than that. We have no problem with the drums (ezdrummer rocks), we have a pretty good mic, we also have a good bass preamp, orchestrations are done with EWQL vsti's without any problems. The only problem? Guitars. I used to record them with my Line 6 UX1 and a bunch of free vamps, but since we are releasing an album (better than everything we've done so far), it has to sound GOOD! But since we are on a pretty low budget, I can't afford buying an axe-fx or a good head so I'm between the Line6 POD HD Pro X or something even better, under 1000euros..

P.S: Another reason I'm not buying a head, is because it's not easy to carry around..
Last edited by guitarpro2play at Oct 10, 2014,
The best way to do this is to read the stickies.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I concur.

Also for that money you could always rent a studio for some time and record everything there with whatever nice amp they happen to have...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I disagree, the best/most cost-effective way to record a good sounding album at home is to NOT record at home. Seriously, go to a small studio and they'll have a better interface(s), better mics, probably better amps, better sounding rooms, and better engineers.

Otherwise amp sims, they're as good as those hardware devices and nowhere near as expensive.
Quote by chatterbox272
I disagree, the best/most cost-effective way to record a good sounding album at home is to NOT record at home. Seriously, go to a small studio and they'll have a better interface(s), better mics, probably better amps, better sounding rooms, and better engineers.

Otherwise amp sims, they're as good as those hardware devices and nowhere near as expensive.

Well in Cyprus, where I live, my recordings that it did at home with free plugins are actually better than the recordings done in studios here...