Do you think newspapers will survive in their present form, or do you believe that the Internet threatens their survival?

Do you believe print newspapers should survive—that is, that they are necessary?

I definitely think in the near future we wont be printing them in developed societies, like the U.S, where almost everyone has access to the internet via mobile phone or laptop, tablet, etc.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Oct 10, 2014,
Internet's full of shit though.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
The internet doesn't really have a physical presence, so you can't use the internet to kill flies.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
we get a random newspaper that we haven't subscribed to and I always feel bad paper is getting wasted
Newspapers Vs The Internet! is my new math rock band name.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Newspapers will keep going because people like to read them to feel safe and frightened at the same time. Papers will usually show the governments story of events whereas articles on the internet are normally derided as lunacy if they go against the general consencus.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by snipelfritz
They can both exist harmoniously. :3

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I was going to say that you can't house-train your dog with the internet, but with all the shit you can find on here, I'm not so sure anymore. It's clear that someone's been shitting all over it, could have been dogs.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Most places on the internet that post things don't have an editorial point of view, or even a reason to tell the truth in a lot of places. It's a lot of information, but it's not filtered or checked. Newspapers will likely always exist as a control for (mostly) unbias and fact checked news.
Lol @ me reading the news paper at home while on my android.

Do I win?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The last time I saw anyone under 65 reading a newspaper was last year. I was a bit shocked, I thought it was a dead medium. I have an online The New York Times subscription for $0.99/wk (which I had forgotten that I had until now). It's a good deal, and I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a physical copy except for not being comfortable with technology.

Then again, cassettes were being released again a few years ago in the alternative rock scene for like five seconds, who knows what'll happen?
Last edited by chrismendiola at Oct 10, 2014,
my mother reads the paper all of the time... shes 46.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
i'm 20 and still read the paper occasionally

i don't read the editorials though
I would pay for the Star if they could keep up the quality of old. My nan worked there for years and I do miss the appeal of enjoying my morning coffee while reading the paper.
The local classifieds are still pretty useful, especially for small town newspapers

craigslist is kinda famous for being sketchy so I can imagine that people avoid it for that reason
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Broadsheet newspapers are a hassle so it can **** right off anyway
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Oct 11, 2014,
Quote by chrismendiola
The last time I saw anyone under 65 reading a newspaper was last year. I was a bit shocked, I thought it was a dead medium. I have an online The New York Times subscription for $0.99/wk (which I had forgotten that I had until now). It's a good deal, and I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a physical copy except for not being comfortable with technology.

Then again, cassettes were being released again a few years ago in the alternative rock scene for like five seconds, who knows what'll happen?

Nah bra, it's cassette store day, a smaller, less hyped version of the true king, record store day
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
You can't wipe your ass on the internet when you run out of toilet roll, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that newspapers will be around for a while longer
🙈 🙉 🙊
I love waking up in the morning to go sit out on the balcony with a glass of milk and the newspaper. When I was little I used to wake up at 5am so I could grab the paper as soon as the delivery person got in the elevator and be the first one to read it. I will continue to patronise print media.
cat
newspapers are sensationalist cunts
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
newspapers are sensationalist cunts

Internet SLAMS newspapers.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Newspapers still have their roll

They are much cheaper, for instance, a pub to get a few papers delivered every day than maintain an active internet source for people to look at exclusively any given days news

for home use though they're mostly useless in comparison to the internet, unless you own a fireplace or don't have internet, I'd also much rather be seen in public reading a newspaper than a computer

pretty sure newspapers are far from gone
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.