http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/09/-sp-north-carolina-teenager-suspicious-death-lennon-lacy

a 17 year old black teenage boy was found hanging from a swing set at the center of a trailer park in north carolina. local police concluded there was no evidence of foul play but the family and community leaders disagree. the boy, named Lennon Lacy, was found with abrasions on his face. family could not identify the shoes on the body and report that his newest pair of jordans are missing. he was in a relationship with a 31 year old white women with an ex-husband. reports of overt white supremacy in the area are numerous.

the obvious question: was he lynched?

nobody wants to say yes, but i can't comfortably say no either.
i don't know why i feel so dry
is this what sudden death in caronlina is about

rs tho this is awful but that goes without saying
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Oct 10, 2014,
i heard about this and it's heartwrenching either way =/

it sounds odd the way he was the night before but him planning a suicide doesn't really work for anything else. the claiming of the no foul play is pretty upsetting at first glance, although i'm also willing to admit they could simply know more than i do.

although there is seemingly just far too much evidence otherwise to officially say that and let the likely killer go free and not care about the possibility.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 10, 2014,
I'm not claiming to be an expert on this but everything about this looks poorly handled by the police department

from what I understand it would be a whole lot more obvious if it was a suicide, have they even figured out how he ended up there?
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Well I'm not about to read an article but based on your description if there are facial lacerations and someone stole his shoes it certainly would seem like some level of foul play is there.
the thing about him being out in the middle and in the open as if a message and public display was disturbing.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Well I'm not about to read an article but based on your description if there are facial lacerations and someone stole his shoes it certainly would seem like some level of foul play is there.

the weird thing is they put a set of white shoes with no laces that were too small on him

or he committed suicide in shoes that were too small and not his

this is ****ed up
ugh

ugh ugh

edit: Just read through the whole article. ugh.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Last edited by Baby Joel at Oct 11, 2014,
That is messed up and no way it's a suicide. There's a cover up going on and the boy was murdered as clear as day.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
31 year old woman? Play on, playa. RIP.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was racially motivated. If it was just a revenge thing I don't think they would've gone through the trouble of hanging him. If that was a staged suicide, hitting his face and changing his shoes made it a pretty poor attempt. Seems like they're trying to make a statement. Cops covering for them perhaps. Cops in on it? I dunno. Messed up any way you slice it though.
#DTWD
Quote by Eastwinn
nobody wants to say yes, but i can't comfortably say no either.

how bold of you , thank god nobody asked the moron
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
how bold of you , thank god nobody asked the moron

oh snap
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
"Newton told the Guardian that when he received Lacy’s body two days after he died, he was struck by the abrasions he saw across both shoulders and down the insides of both arms. He also noted facial indentations over both cheeks, the chin and nose. Though police have told the Lacy family that ants were responsible for causing the marks"

Seriously?
Quote by macaroni
"Newton told the Guardian that when he received Lacy’s body two days after he died, he was struck by the abrasions he saw across both shoulders and down the insides of both arms. He also noted facial indentations over both cheeks, the chin and nose. Though police have told the Lacy family that ants were responsible for causing the marks"

Seriously?

Yeah man, I hate when ants beat the shit out of me.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by macaroni

Seriously?

I actually have a 6 mm long scar above my eyebrow from an ant bite that happened more than a few years ago. It was a big ass ant though.

Either way this is horrible.
cat
This is awful, and it's obviously a cover-up, I mean really? Ants were responsible for causing the marks?
See heres the thing. If it was the ex-husband then it was a lynch because of an offense not because of racial overtones (which until I looked up the technical definition of lynching is what I always associated that word with) However, looking at the different circumstantial evidence and basis of the area the percentage of it having something to do with race. I've learned personally, that I wait for stories like this to develop before really making an outright claim on what it was and wasn't.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Check under his nails for skin and arms for defensive wounds.

Forreal though that was a pathetic excuse for an investigation.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
See heres the thing. If it was the ex-husband then it was a lynch because of an offense not because of racial overtones (which until I looked up the technical definition of lynching is what I always associated that word with) However, looking at the different circumstantial evidence and basis of the area the percentage of it having something to do with race. I've learned personally, that I wait for stories like this to develop before really making an outright claim on what it was and wasn't.

as far as i can see, there's no evidence that the ex-husband was at all involved. his inclusion in the article and my original post was intended to discredit the police investigation. had it been thorough, it would have certainly included him.

lynching was nearly always done as a collective action by a community to uphold the oppression of minorities where the law could not. it's a public statement that the white men and women of a community see you to be a strict other and if you attempt to mingle with us, this is what will happen to you. hanging a body publicly is a statement to the living. it enforces divisions that already exist. for this reason, a public hanging of a black teenager in the american south is most certainly racially motivated unless he did it to himself. i find it hard to believe he did but i'm waiting on that.
Quote by Weaponized
lol at that im not racist but he was good for a black person comment

yeah dumb old lady pissed me off

Quote by primusfan
31 year old woman? Play on, playa. RIP.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was racially motivated. If it was just a revenge thing I don't think they would've gone through the trouble of hanging him. If that was a staged suicide, hitting his face and changing his shoes made it a pretty poor attempt. Seems like they're trying to make a statement. Cops covering for them perhaps. Cops in on it? I dunno. Messed up any way you slice it though.

the cops intentionally conspiring against the boy and/or blacks seems a bit of a stretch even for this "post-racial" age but who knows. i'd just imagine it's them either being apathetic to it, as in blacks have been dehumanized to them or like the article said they're refusing to deal with the realities of race today and are taking the easy way out that way.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
additionally, the police may not want to draw terrible publicity to their jurisdiction, as true as it might be, given the current situation in st. louis.
Reminds me of a story that happened here a few weeks ago. Some girl my sister went to high school with was found shot and dead in the trunk of her neighbor's car. Police were all like, "Yeah, it's probably a suicide."
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by macaroni

Seriously?

Did the ants steal his shoes as well?
That's awful. I hope it wasn't a lynching. As morbid as that wish is I don't want the world to have this shit still going on.
Was he bullied? Its possible he was and was beat up/mugged just before this and finally had enough.
He was a football player, the team and seemingly everyone liked him and the first paragraph was about him working out and being over 200 lbs so I can't see that.

tbh it's hard to picture anyone beating him up to get facial lacerations unless they either had weapons and meant serious business or it was a ton of them
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Oct 11, 2014,
Quote by StewieSwan
Reminds me of a story that happened here a few weeks ago. Some girl my sister went to high school with was found shot and dead in the trunk of her neighbor's car. Police were all like, "Yeah, it's probably a suicide."

??WTF

Anyways sounds like this was a seriously disgusting lynching and I hope the get the fukers who did it and put them into the general prison population to be dealt with by the inmates.
Bladenboro is a shitty place.... I pass through to get to the beach sometimes.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Did the ants steal his shoes as well?

They can carry like 200 times their body weight iwbr.
#DTWD
Quote by RylanThePotato
I'm not claiming to be an expert on this but everything about this looks poorly handled by the police department

What else is new?
Quote by guitarxo
I actually have a 6 mm long scar above my eyebrow from an ant bite that happened more than a few years ago. It was a big ass ant though.

Either way this is horrible.

Yeah but the facial indentations. It just sounds way too much like a cover up.