Something I've been thinking about tonight..

When you unplug an active bass, you break the circuit and the battery doesn't drain. Is this really the case though? Does all the energy stay in the system? Like if I put a new battery I'm a bass and didn't play it for 30 years, would the battery be like new still? Or is there some entropy happening while our basses are put away
Most will gradually die over several years.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Well batteries usually have a shelf life of 10 years or so, and that's if you're using good quality ones. So... obviously, putting them in your bass isn't going to make them last longer than in their package. So yeah, there's some drainage happening, but not enough to worry about.
Quote by bassalloverthe
Something I've been thinking about tonight..

When you unplug an active bass, you break the circuit and the battery doesn't drain. Is this really the case though? Does all the energy stay in the system? Like if I put a new battery I'm a bass and didn't play it for 30 years, would the battery be like new still? Or is there some entropy happening while our basses are put away

Kind of. The circuit will draw as much current as is required for the task. The battery will eventually drain itself out over say ten years if it's not being used.