Hi,
I've considered buying this dist, but before I would like to know one thing. Does each channel remember its settings after you change it to the other one? By that I mean if you set everything at noon on ch1, then switch to ch2 and change the settings, then go back to ch1, will the first channel have the sound of everything set at noon?
Nope.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Check out the Bogner Uberschall pedal or the Ecstasy red they are pricey, but so is what your looking at.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
E-mail Blackstar.

The other option would be a much larger and much more advanced pedal that used digital pots and digital components instead of analog. Would probably be a hell of a lot more expensive.

More importantly, what are you trying to do?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Trying to get a scooped rhytm sound or an overdrive on one channel and a more lead tone on the second
AMT SS preamps
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
I've just seen the ss-20 preamp, kind of impressive. Does it have to be plugged into the power amp or can it be put in front of it? How does it compare to the ht dual?
Quote by kuba10357110
Trying to get a scooped rhytm sound or an overdrive on one channel and a more lead tone on the second

just get two pedals? for the price of the blackstar you can probably get two separate decent pedals
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
All right, but does the blackstar sound good for the price? Is it versatile enough to play something ranging from rock to thrash metal? If it is I think I'll turn a blind eye on the lack of independent eq
Quote by Dave_Mc
just get two pedals? for the price of the blackstar you can probably get two separate decent pedals

Or maybe EQ pedal after the distortion pedal or the FX Loop of the amp. Have the distortion pedal to be light on mids and kick in an EQ pedal with heavy mid boost (and maybe some volume boost too) to push the leads upfront. Shared EQ is not the end of the world even if you are the sole guitarist of the band.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Oct 12, 2014,
Are the channels voiced differently? Like if you set the gain and level the same for both of them will there be a difference in character of the sound?
Last edited by kuba10357110 at Oct 12, 2014,
Quote by kuba10357110
All right, but does the blackstar sound good for the price? Is it versatile enough to play something ranging from rock to thrash metal? If it is I think I'll turn a blind eye on the lack of independent eq

I haven't tried it

Quote by MaaZeus
Or maybe EQ pedal after the distortion pedal or the FX Loop of the amp. Have the distortion pedal to be light on mids and kick in an EQ pedal with heavy mid boost (and maybe some volume boost too) to push the leads upfront. Shared EQ is not the end of the world even if you are the sole guitarist of the band.

yeah that'd be another option
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Doubt it. The problem with Blackstar products is that there is always something better for the same amount of cash. Sometimes less...
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
The Bogner Uberschall pedal sounds good, it has an adjustable boost function that adds some volume and gain
www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/bogner-uberschall-distortion-boost-guitar-effects-pedal

I bought one the other week when it was the stupid deal of the day for $129. It is well worth the retail price if your considering the Blackstar, and IMO a much better pedal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by kuba10357110
The Uberschall sounds fizzy and unpleasant to my ears :/

I don't see that at all, it has a lot of gain but not what most people are assuming it should.

The Bogner Ecstacy red has adjustable boost and adjustable gain for each "channel" which may fit your needs better.

You can also look at the Wampler offerings like the triple wreck. Or the AMT legend series 2 which are 2 channels if I remember right.

You can also look at a used Line 6 POD XT/X3 live which are typically <$150 or a used POD HD300/400/500 and that would give you a variety of good amp models and FX.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'll check out the wampler (even though its expensive in my country). I'd rather avoid the pods, because I don't need all the simulations and effects, besides it would never fit on my pedalboard
What country are you in? that can help members here that know more about what is available to you.
What is your budget?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by kuba10357110
Then whats the point of two channels if both of them have the same eq?

Lots and lots of amps are like that too. The two channels give you different gain/volume levels. For a lot of applications that's all you need. I lived with shared EQ's on amps for many years, it wasn't a problem. Not everybody is after a change in tone, just a change in distortion and/or level. Some people want a consistent EQ when they change those parameters, some just don't give a shit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
http://www.houstonmusicreviews.com/GearReview/Blackstar_HT-Dual/blackstar_ht_dual.htm

Check this review.

I think you need to look at Sansamp Tri-ac double drive to save settings.
Last edited by diabolical at Oct 13, 2014,
With your budget, I would either look for a used Bogner red pedal or the Uberschall pedal. But if you can go to a shop and try a bunch of pedals out.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate